bulk hdeo oil users

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Michigan born but my heart belongs in dixie
I am curious is there any members that purchase and used hdeo in bulk.
Reason I ask is I am going 10w-30 hdeo and have a few vehicles that will use the well.
Do you guys go local or order. is there any savings or more convience.
I believe I will choose delvac 1300 more then likely. Thats if I dont find some old stock pyb ll gold in a barrel.

thanks,
Harvey

PYB is our common abbreviation for the passenger car stuff. You probably meant PZ Long Life.

Delo, Delvac and Rotella are all pretty equivalent. Get pricing and see what is available delivered... That's the usual deal on bulk oil for fleets. They are all excellent oils and work extremely well in mixed fleets
smile.gif

That is one of the many reasons I use the Schaeffer stuff.... free shipping and free oil sample kits and analysis with my bulk oil orders. I get a 3% discount if I pay by check at the time of the order also. I call my rep, he orders, emails me the invoice, I put a check and the invoice in the mail, and order usually shows up at my door in about 3 days by Fed Ex complete with lift gate service for the unloading. I am pretty sure, most times the check hasn't even gotten to Schaeffer before my oil order shows up.

if you use regularly with short time..i mean use it based on kilometers you can buy bulk oil..it is cheaper that you buy per liter..

i actually use bulk oil too in my 2kd-ftv engine. i am using q8 t800 10w40..it is HDEO oil.you can try it if stock does not become issue.

Originally Posted By: JR
Price on 55gal 15w-40 to the door.

Contact Salesrep here on the forum. He can tell you. He is a Schaeffer rep. I know price changed since my last order. I am away from the house on business, so don't have any previous invoice near me. Suffice to say, I have not seen a major 15w40 syn blend at Wally World that can beat the pricing on a per gallon basis. And when you factor in the free shipping and free oil sample kits and analysis, not even close.

Well that explains the Tune-It pails being so cheap.
What about Canuck Tire house brand, I've heard 25% recycled?
The pails of HDMO smell bad, but cost is just over Diesel fuel at the pumps.
Good for keeping the dust down on the driveway.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the Walmart Canada house stuff is by Safety-Kleen, aside from, I'd assume, the synthetic we've started to see recently. I don't know what the percentage of recycled stuff at Walmart is, or if it varies across their lines. As for Canadian Tire, that's almost all Shell stuff, and I don't think they're involved in getting any recycled oil to market. But, one never knows unless one goes through their maze of safety data sheets; even then, that's a maze and has its own pitfalls. It might at least tell the manufacturer. I believe their 0w-20 is a Wakefield product; everything else is Shell, if I'm not mistaken.

There are many brands that are quality products that are primarily recycled oil sourced. Northland and Safety Kleen being two major players in my area. I have yet to see any data that these products are worse than anything else. Recycled also means re-refined. I would have a hard time believing that recycled base oil is inferior to virgin base oil. Perception is one thing, reality is another.

Michigan born, but my heart belongs.....where?

I hate that song because they over play it about the MI upper peninsula summer, almost like seasons in the sun.

Most Canadians, and I bet a lot of Americans too, don't know that the upper piece belongs to MI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back