Buick Enormous

In the same vein, long ago when the Jaguar E-type was a thing, one of the car magazines ran a story in their April issue about how Jaguar was developing an in-line 12-cylinder engine for it, made essentially by harnessing two Sixes end-to-end. That monster would require a super-long hood, which they illustrated.

In the same vein, long ago when the Jaguar E-type was a thing, one of the car magazines ran a story in their April issue about how Jaguar was developing an in-line 12-cylinder engine for it, made essentially by harnessing two Sixes end-to-end. That monster would require a super-long hood, which they illustrated.
I remember seeing an article very much like you described in a magazine in about 1966. That 12 cylinder didn't look as good as the eventual V12.

If I was looking for an E-type I'd be looking for an I6.

I remember seeing an article very much like you described in a magazine in about 1966. That 12 cylinder didn't look as good as the eventual V12. ...
You probably saw the same article, although it must've been about a couple of years later than 1966. That hoax was slick enough and detailed enough, complete with pictures, that I believed it initially---although an in-line 12-cylinder did seem a bizarre concept. The real V-12 arrived fairly soon afterward.

Wut ? I thought the Roadmaster was back !
I was at a classic car "show," really a free meet. I went to a section that had 3 Buick Roadmaster wagons with their hoods up. I started looking, and walked away. None of them were LT1s (must have been earlier models, I think they were standard 1994+)!

I was at a classic car "show," really a free meet. I went to a section that had 3 Buick Roadmaster wagons with their hoods up. I started looking, and walked away. None of them were LT1s (must have been earlier models, I think they were standard 1994+)!
An old lady here still drives one -
tire sidewalls look a foot tall with all the belts for sidewalls now days
😷

1954 PACKARD 12 PASSENGER STATION WAGON
341065660_1241586136461841_7907715507031579597_n.jpg

Back