Budget <4$ oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang Subie, how many filters do you have laying around?

If I counted, probably about 25-30 left on the shelf. I just picked up another eight filters.... I've sent about 15-20 to 53' Stude, who has been a great contributor to the board. Some of the filters get used for those who need them, and some of the "questionable" filters get sliced open here on the board to help drive inexpensive filter purchases with data, not feelings. I like to give back, and 53' Stude already gives back... it's a great pairing.

With all of the great info from the formulators here on the board to help understand tribology, I am happy that Adam and I can contribute to the "full picture" of oil & filter data here.

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
i second the supertech option if the blue ones come in a 9688, i know they did when they were wix made.

and they might not be ecore, i picked up a blue ST6607 last week and its not an e-core.

I'm sending an ST9688 to 53' Stude... it's definitely an E-core. Rated 99% efficient.

Subie - thanks for contributing to the C&P fest.
grin2.gif

Been using the one in my signature for some time now across our three cars. Made by Wix in america and I buy them a dozen at a time for about $3ea.

the 51334/61334 is the same size/specs as the 3593A size.

https://tinyurl.com/y7qc3bxw

Like those

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
i second the supertech option if the blue ones come in a 9688, i know they did when they were wix made.

and they might not be ecore, i picked up a blue ST6607 last week and its not an e-core.

I'm sending an ST9688 to 53' Stude... it's definitely an E-core. Rated 99% efficient.

strange because i was at my local walmart today and checked out the blue 9688 (I use this size on my atv) and it was not an ecore.

i guess it varies by location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back