Brunt work boots

You may have seen this company’s adds on Facebook. They do a fantastic job with marketing and social media.

Well I bought a pair of Brunt Marins based off their “reviews” on their comment section of their sponsored adds that flood my Facebook news feed. Mistake.

Little did I know that half the reviews were negative, but those reviews had been removed and those people that made those reviews, blocked. Now, I realize it’s not the end of the world here, I only spent $135 bucks for these things, but they are unwearable in three months.

I find this pretty disingenuous for a company that promotes “the trades” and sells to people in those trades…to not be able to honestly review the product so people in trades can understand fully what they may experience.

Three months in and the soles are junk and the inner stitching has separated or just flat out worn through. I wanted to get a year out of them, and you know what? I might try, just so I can see the most worn out garbage boot on the planet. But they hurt so much now, that to do that, would require monthly doctor visits. 🤣🤣
ABDDE5E0-DB7A-487A-8FFD-19C242CD4E5A.jpeg
BFDC871D-009A-4EFE-AFA9-3349ED84609F.png
65B2ACD8-CF06-4C61-B7A2-0633CD38FA11.png

Edit - probably should mention that the top photo is my friend‘s Marin at 5 months. And the inside photos (bottom two photos) are my boots at 2.5 months.

Last edited:
You may have seen this company’s adds on Facebook. They do a fantastic job with marketing and social media.

Well I bought a pair of Brunt Marins based off their “reviews” on their comment section of their sponsored adds that flood my Facebook news feed. Mistake.

Little did I know that half the reviews were negative, but those reviews had been removed and those people that made those reviews, blocked. Now, I realize it’s not the end of the world here, I only spent $135 bucks for these things, but they are unwearable in three months.

I find this pretty disingenuous for a company that promotes “the trades” and sells to people in those trades…to not be able to honestly review the product so people in trades can understand fully what they may experience.

Three months in and the soles are junk and the inner stitching has separated or just flat out worn through. I wanted to get a year out of them, and you know what? I might try, just so I can see the most worn out garbage boot on the planet. But they hurt so much now, that to do that, would require monthly doctor visits. 🤣🤣
View attachment 131126View attachment 131127View attachment 131128
I think $35 would have been too much if they won't last three months.

What is your line of work and environment.
Red Wing 3507 is my go to recommendation for just about anyone in the trades.
https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/mens/safety-toe/SuperSole-2.0-03507.html
Primarily automotive, at different sorts of levels and environments. I also own some properties, and I’ll do a little handy man type stuff. I also have a co-worker that bought the same boots, his experience was even worse because he has a side business (construction) and he’s going 12 hours a day in these boots, seven days a week. They’re now in the trash after five months.

We both are Red Wing fans...have had great luck with their traction tread lites, and dynaforce boots. I have seen others have good luck with the boots you posted, I may give them a try, but right now I, looking for light weight boots. I may go back to the traction treds.

The Brunt’s were light, but my god! I haven’t experienced anything with such low quality since I was in my 20’s buying Walmart boots.

YouTube has lots of reviews on work boots in various price ranges. Buying a quality boot that last way longer is cheaper in the long run and better for your feet.

Do some searches on Truman Boot, Nicks, White, Wesco, Redwing Heritage, maybe Thursday Boots. There are many others as well. YouTube has been a wealth of info. on the subject.

The Redwing Store has a 3D foot scanner that will help with sizing info.

I am on my feet all day and starting to learn about proper footwear after having foot issues.

Price per wear will be cheaper and your feet and body (knees, hips, back) will feel better.

I think $35 would have been too much if they won't last three months.
It’s funny you say that, because the boots are made in China, and shipped here where they’re distributed out of NJ. I was trying to figure what it would cost to have a boot made in China, have it boxed and shipped...with no middle man, like this company brags about and promotes. The best I could find...you can buy boots straight from China in bulk (600-1000 units) for between $7-$19 dollars per pair. I imagine a company like Brunt, that is buying thousands of boots, is probably getting the boot, shipping and packaging for around...I figured $35 a pair. And they sell then for $135. Which is all within their right to do so, good for them. But I wish their advertising had been a little more honest, to go along with their marketing (because they call them a high quality work boot). Plus, they also pay people to comment and advertise their product (half their positive review may not be genuine). And their video tutorials are provided by posters that have received free boots and merchandise. Which to me is brilliant marketing...I’m nit saying I agree with it...but the effort they put into it has paid off. Hey, they got my money. 🤣🤣

YouTube has lots of reviews on work boots in various price ranges. Buying a quality boot that last way longer is cheaper in the long run and better for your feet.

Do some searches on Truman Boot, Nicks, White, Wesco, Redwing Heritage, maybe Thursday Boots. There are many others as well. YouTube has been a wealth of info. on the subject.

The Redwing Store has a 3D foot scanner that will help with sizing info.

I am on my feet all day and starting to learn about proper footwear after having foot issues.
I actually do honest reviews of work boots on YouTube. I’ve done them for some of the brands you mentioned (RW heritage comes to mind). But, I’m just an average worker, I wear the boots, I buy the boots, and try to get a year or more out of them. Bought these Brunt’s with best intentions...wow, they are total garbage. I should have bought a Walmart boot and done a review...come to think of it, maybe I will, and do a side by side after three months.

And I did watch a YouTube video of Rose Anvil cutting a brunt in half and commenting about the low quality, but he doesn’t actually work in the boots he reviews. So, I figured I’d give them a try. Should have went with his advice.

By the way; the Nicks, Whites, and Thursday Boots, as I’m sure you know, are very high quality. But also very expensive.

My oldest brother only buys Red Wings and they work well for him. I only like lightweight footwear myself. I've been buying the Wolverine Carbonmax series boots the last few years.

Tip to anyone looking for boots:

If you happen to live near a Granger store, they might have a boot store in it called Grainger Safety Footwear Solutions.
They sell to the public, but are also set up to sell for the many corporations that give their employees a boot allowance and are staffed by employees that stay there forever due to the bankers hours and are very knowledgeable/helpful. And if you have a quality issue with the boots, they encourage you to bring them back.

They also have a cheap rack of $20? returned boots for @atikovi which is worth looking at.

My oldest brother only buys Red Wings and they work well for him. I only like lightweight footwear myself. I've been buying the Wolverine Carbonmax series boots the last few years.

Tip to anyone looking for boots:

If you happen to live near a Granger store, they might have a boot store in it called Grainger Safety Footwear Solutions.
They sell to the public, but are also set up to sell for the many corporations that give their employees a boot allowance and are staffed by employees that stay there forever due to the bankers hours and are very knowledgeable/helpful. And if you have a quality issue with the boots, they encourage you to bring them back.

They also have a cheap rack of $20? returned boots for @atikovi which is worth looking at.
These what you’re talking about?

They seem to have them in all different colors and designs? I’d be looking for something light weight, good traction, durable, comfortable.

I don't have a safety toe requirement any more so I shelved the Thorogoods and wear Adidas Terrex hiking shoes. If you catch one of the big sales they're cheap. My last pairs were 40% and 70% off.

My feet are so bad now that I don't think I could break in another quality pair of leather boots. The Adidas are like walking on a cloud.

To your post, most of these "companies" that you see advertised on Instagram and Facebook are marketing companies that specialize in making cheap **** look expensive.

We usually get what we pay for.
Yeah I took a chance, figured...ok, do I spend another $250 on red wings (they went up in price), or do I give these $135 dollar knock offs a try? Figured, worst case scenario I only get six months out of them and if I buy another pair it’s costing me $270 total. Wrong. I only made it three months. I’d have to buy four sets of these, and suffer through the worst discomfort of my life, while spending $540 bucks. Experiment failure.

I do want to go a year in these, take some photos...it’s almost like a challenge type event. But I don’t see how I could do it. Maybe new insoles with some added reinforcement or something? Maybe I could get daily cortisone injections or something.🤣

It’s funny you say that, because the boots are made in China, and shipped here where they’re distributed out of NJ. I was trying to figure what it would cost to have a boot made in China, have it boxed and shipped...with no middle man, like this company brags about and promotes. The best I could find...you can buy boots straight from China in bulk (600-1000 units) for between $7-$19 dollars per pair. I imagine a company like Brunt, that is buying thousands of boots, is probably getting the boot, shipping and packaging for around...I figured $35 a pair. And they sell then for $135. Which is all within their right to do so, good for them. But I wish their advertising had been a little more honest, to go along with their marketing (because they call them a high quality work boot). Plus, they also pay people to comment and advertise their product (half their positive review may not be genuine). And their video tutorials are provided by posters that have received free boots and merchandise. Which to me is brilliant marketing...I’m nit saying I agree with it...but the effort they put into it has paid off. Hey, they got my money. 🤣🤣
You hit the nail squarely on the head ! I am sure thats what happened here.
To bad the market is flooded with this junk its not just boots its almost everything under the sun.
The two best pairs of boots that i have ever purchased where Danner and lacrosse this was 20 to 25 years ago, it makes me wonder if they are produced off shore now as well.

I try to buy American made and re-soleable. There are lots of choices, but the good ones seem to start at $200.

I have had success with Irish Setters (unfortunately not built here). But not at the tier of the Pacific Northwest handmade boots.

Different price points with different expectations.

I do hear good things about Thorogoods. made in USA too.

I try to buy American made and re-soleable. There are lots of choices, but the good ones seem to start at $200.

I have had success with Irish Setters (unfortunately not built here). But not at the tier of the Pacific Northwest handmade boots.

Different price points with different expectations.

I do hear good things about Thorogoods. made in USA too.
Nothing beats a pair of custom made Whites

Back