Brown tire "blooming"

My large container of 303 has lasted me years. The plastics on my Subies look brand new. It works well on tires, too.

The < 1month-old CrossClimate2’s are also starting to look awful, so I’ll probably rub some on this weekend.

Scrub with whatever your favorite degreaser or all purpose cleaner is. Rinse, repeat until the rinse water is clear. Might take a few rounds. Let the tires dry, then use a water based dressing if you’d like. Meguiars hyper dressing or chemical guys VRP are a couple I like.

I didn't mean to offend or start an argument.

In my experience, simple green has corroded unprotected aluminum (I have experienced it first hand). I know wheels are coated and protected, but if you have scratches or chips it might lead to further corrosion or damage.

To sum up: In my experience, unprotected AL can experience accelerated corrosion from using simple green to clean it. I would use it with caution, and only on protected surfaces and rinse off quickly. If it were my personal AL parts, I would use simple green for aircraft.

Again, no offense, not wanting arguments, just sharing experience and my preference.
DriveHard,

The Home Depot Simple Green Pro HD is their consumer version of their aviation formula. I confirmed this with an email to their tech department and the information can be found in their FAQ section. https://simplegreen.com/industrial/faqs/ ........click "aluminum"

Back