brother laserjet printer

thanks to forum members i bought a simple brother B+W laser printer when another Canon inkjet all in one died!! i cant believe how fast it is, things are well printed as well. i can go to to my local library if i need a rare scan. thanks to all + it was cheep thru Wallys!

I bought a cheapy Brother laserjet from Sam's club after I got tired of being robbed for ink cartridges. Other than being a noisy little thing, it works fabulously. I've had it going on 5 years now and only on my third ink cartridge.

Yeah ive had my brother mfc all in one for 10 years now. I bought it used from an office space. I think it had 23,000 copies under its belt. Still works and i just keep refilling the toner cartridge with the toner powder

Yeah ive had my brother mfc all in one for 10 years now. I bought it used from an office space. I think it had 23,000 copies under its belt. Still works and i just keep refilling the toner cartridge with the toner powder
Im not up to speed on doing this. Always buy new which are expensive. Could you fill me in? Seems like sometimes it requires replacement when theres still toner in there.

I NEVER in my life thought I'd own a 'photo copier" .... I got by going to Kinkos.

I now have a Brother Laser Printer with a Photo Copier and it is GREAT.

Im not up to speed on doing this. Always buy new which are expensive. Could you fill me in? Seems like sometimes it requires replacement when theres still toner in there.
It sounds like his printer has a way to refill toner rather than replacing the whole cartridge.

When quality starts getting bad, I can take the cartridge out of my HP Laserjet and shake it to coax out a few more copies.

Generic laser toner cartridges are available on Amazon for way less than OEM and they're every bit as good.

thanks to forum members i bought a simple brother B+W laser printer when another Canon inkjet all in one died!! i cant believe how fast it is, things are well printed as well. i can go to to my local library if i need a rare scan. thanks to all + it was cheep thru Wallys!
If you need to scan get a smartphone scanning app. An amazing one for iPhone is TurboScan.

Generic laser toner cartridges are available on Amazon for way less than OEM and they're every bit as good.
I've gotten some for other printers that leaked or had bad spots on the drum. My Brother AIO has the drum separate. I would only get a genuine Brother drum.

Many Brother laser carts including mine, have a refill cap on the side, so you just pop that off and refill. Some have a shield over that, held on by a molded-in plastic stud and you cut or melt the stud off to get the shield off, then reattach it with a screw (that you provide).

The starter carts that come with their printers, don't have a full toner load and some (including mine) needed a reset gear to get the full page count on the next refill. Refilling a retail cart sold separately won't have this issue. You just return (turn by hand) the reset gear to the new/full load position when refilling.

I get 2-3 refills from a new OEM cart, then the pages get dirty spots so I buy a new OEM cart and repeat refilling it, but also swap back in the older cart making dirty spots, for bulk printing where the quality doesn't matter much.

If you have an Iphone you can scan usung your phone, it works amazingly well

How to scan documents on your iPhone or iPad
  1. Open Notes and select a note or create a new one.
  2. Tap the Camera button , then tap Scan Documents .
  3. Place your document in view of the camera.
  4. If your device is in Auto mode, your document will automatically scan. ...
  5. Tap Save or add additional scans to the document.
Nov 7, 2022

We had a bunch of Dell b/w laser printers which were just rebranded Brother printers. They worked quite well.
Dell lasers were Lexmark for the longest time, perhaps things have changed now? Although I like Lexmark, that's what we use at work and they are workhorses as well. I did have a Dell color laser a few years ago, got it for free when my uncle's business closed. Sadly I dropped it during a move and it broke :(

Only 5 years? Get one of these and it'll outlive you

73a3de43_hp_4000.jpg

I have a Brother 2240 (?) basic laser printer. It was a black Friday thing at Staples for 49 bux. It's been riding around in the truck with me for 9 years, use it to print out load and customs paperwork. I was hoping to get a year out of it.

Back