Bristol Dirt

I haven't followed nascar in years, but I settled in to watch the Bristol dirt race this weekend. Saw the trucks attempt the qualifiers and of course the qualifiers for both cup and trucks were cancelled. I just got to catch the final stage of the cup race and I have to say, I think it's a good move. It was fun to watch and I'd like to see more dirt in nascar. I dont even watch the Daytona 500 anymore, but I'd try to tune in to another dirt race.

Didn't the cars look better with NO front splitter??? One other tip..................Install a small remote air hose to blow off the camera lens.

Didn't the cars look better with NO front splitter??? One other tip..................Install a small remote air hose to blow off the camera lens.
I'm not real familiar with how they do the bodies now, but now that you mention it, they weren't running a splitter were they?

I used to watch every NASCAR race I could. Now I just watch NASCAR at the Glen and at Laguna Seca. Road courser show where the driver's skills are more important than the car.

I was watching at work so I didn't do my usual thread. I thought it was awesome. As expected some unplug the brain moments, but overall I think it was great. Hopefully next year they can have a full stand to help Bristol offset the cost of putting dirt on the track. I would like to see them do it at a permanent dirt facility like Knoxville, Eldora, Volusia, or the Charlotte dirt oval.

I was watching at work so I didn't do my usual thread. I thought it was awesome. As expected some unplug the brain moments, but overall I think it was great. Hopefully next year they can have a full stand to help Bristol offset the cost of putting dirt on the track. I would like to see them do it at a permanent dirt facility like Knoxville, Eldora, Volusia, or the Charlotte dirt oval.
I'm sure Tony Stewart wouldn't mind having a cup/Xfinity/truck triple header at eldora

This was the first Cup race I've watched from beginning to end in 15 years. Having been involved in dirt 1/4 mile and paved 1/2 mile racing BITD it was awesome to watch the drivers drive. Dump dirt on all the ovals I say! (y)

They announced right at the end it's on for next year.

This was the first Cup race I've watched from beginning to end in 15 years. Having been involved in dirt 1/4 mile and paved 1/2 mile racing BITD it was awesome to watch the drivers drive. Dump dirt on all the ovals I say! (y)

They announced right at the end it's on for next year.
I just hope the heats dont get rained out next year. I was looking forward to making a weekend out of it.

I have an idea.... How about they drop one or better yet several of the stupid races at a cookie cutter track and do what you suggested... .

Bruton Smith and ISC have been a big part of the downfall of Nascar.

I have an idea.... How about they drop one or better yet several of the stupid races at a cookie cutter track and do what you suggested... .

Bruton Smith and ISC have been a big part of the downfall of Nascar.
From what I understand they have dropped some cookie cutter tracks. Aren't they also completely reconfiguring auto club speedway into a short track?

Honestly don't know....

But dropping cookie cutter tracks would be a heck of a good idea.

People forget Smith buying tracks to just shut them down... North Wilkesboro, Rockingham... Taking a race from Darlington... It took awhile but eventually those birds started coming home to roost. People forgetting where they came from and those local people who supported Nascar in the early days.

Honestly don't know....

But dropping cookie cutter tracks would be a heck of a good idea.

People forget Smith buying tracks to just shut them down... North Wilkesboro, Rockingham... Taking a race from Darlington... It took awhile but eventually those birds started coming home to roost. People forgetting where they came from and those local people who supported Nascar in the early days.
I agree with you.

Nascar was on regularly in our house while I was growing up, my dad was a huge fan. Then 'Smoke' retired, who was his fav driver, and his enthusiasm waned, till he rarely watches it. But this race had him interested again.

Nascar was on regularly in our house while I was growing up, my dad was a huge fan. Then 'Smoke' retired, who was his fav driver, and his enthusiasm waned, till he rarely watches it. But this race had him interested again.
Tony Stewart was one of my favorites. In my opinion, one of the few remaining "old breed" drivers who could talk the talk and walk the walk. I miss him.

So the good news is there is a whole lot faster crowd coming to town April 22-24. The World of Outlaws winged sprint cars will chop a full 6 seconds off today’s lap times. Less than half the weight and the wings will plant 900+ horsepower each on the dirt.
Here is a clip from years ago when they were on the dirt at Bristol.

This makes me want Bristol to be a permanent dirt track. Awesome. Do you know if anyone will televise the race next month?

The races will be on Dirtvision. They cover the entire WoO series. They are a web based streaming group. It is $39 a month I think which is a lot except it’s way cheaper than driving to a single race.

Also to be clear, I’m not trying to be disrespectful to the cup cars on dirt in any way. Just pointing out the raw speed of the winged cars. We have good relationships with a lot of the outlaws teams and are looking forward to seeing them at Bristol.

David

The races will be on Dirtvision. They cover the entire WoO series. They are a web based streaming group. It is $39 a month I think which is a lot except it’s way cheaper than driving to a single race.

Also to be clear, I’m not trying to be disrespectful to the cup cars on dirt in any way. Just pointing out the raw speed of the winged cars. We have good relationships with a lot of the outlaws teams and are looking forward to seeing them at Bristol.

David
They are wicked for sure. I might look into dirtvision.

Back