Bright wheel slow leak

Even a small tap of a curb will loosen the tire from the wheels. Plus are these the correct tires for those wheels? was the tire stretched to fit the wheel? there could be varying design flaws in the wheel as compared to how the tire is designed.. meaning the tire may not be suited for that wheel. Do the soapy water tripe while the wheel is laying flat on the ground and spray down into the rim edge

Even a small tap of a curb will loosen the tire from the wheels. Plus are these the correct tires for those wheels? was the tire stretched to fit the wheel? there could be varying design flaws in the wheel as compared to how the tire is designed.. meaning the tire may not be suited for that wheel. Do the soapy water tripe while the wheel is laying flat on the ground and spray down into the rim edge
They’re 16” tires on 16” wheels, in the right cross sectional size. They’ve only been in use for 28 years and 266k miles…

If you perform the soapy water trick around the rim, it may show small cracks in the sidewall too assuming you've had those tires on those wheels for that long. As for Discount Tire, I asked what is the stuff they use on the rim edge when mounting the tires.. Its a tack glue of sorts to keep the tire sealed. If you find those leaks at the rim edge and the tire is still in good shape, take it to DT and have them reseal the rim edge.

If you perform the soapy water trick around the rim, it may show small cracks in the sidewall too assuming you've had those tires on those wheels for that long. As for Discount Tire, I asked what is the stuff they use on the rim edge when mounting the tires.. Its a tack glue of sorts to keep the tire sealed. If you find those leaks at the rim edge and the tire is still in good shape, take it to DT and have them reseal the rim edge.
Tires are a year old. Full tread. Look great. All the others hold air perfectly.

I've had new tyres that leaked and were not repairable, also there can be corrosion damage under the bead even if the wheel looks new on the outside.

I’ve had tires that just lose air. voth the Yokohamas and the Michelins on my vehicles now lost a lot of air when new, but it was consistent among all 4, unlike yours which is just one.

spit test on the valve (done), soap on the bead, and a deep cavity search through every inch of tread for a screw or nail (soap helpful there too). and if nothing shows, I’d probably air it up weekly until something changes. I’ve been surprised how sneaky some screw/nail punctures have hidden before I could find them.

the Michelins I have now were loosing 3 psi per week for a month when new.

Hey, I said HEATED pool. Haha.

But seriously, as crazy as it sounds I've found 2 or 3 leaks for friends doing this. And, yes, a mask and snorkel help! Set the wheel/tire assembly on a chair in the shallow end so it's only 2 feet under water. Then you just stand on your knees with a snorkel and mask. Seriously. It does work.

Smilin' at all of ya. Happy New Years.

Scott
Pictures please oh please!

Back