Briggs Power washer pump

This is on my craftsman power washer with a Briggs 7.75 engine. Today I went through a full tank of gas. I noticed the pump got hot and ran like crap. When these pumps get hot do they normally run like this? Is the pump toast? This unit gets used maybe three times a year. Replaced the carb because the lack of use. Thanks. The pump is mounted on the bottom.

usually when they get hot it lack of water going through them that burns them up. did you leave it with no water going through it for an extended time?

Don't let it run with out the trigger on the spray gun pressed, that heats them up.

Bottom mount? Wobble pumps don't last very long anyway, i've heard them called one or 2 season pumps. I have an axial cam pump, the best are Triplex.

I'd have a triplex but my wife got me the northern powerhorse unit for fathers day last year, not complaining!

Don't leave it running for longer than 2 minutes without use, and when you're done using it I would shut it off and press the trigger until the water feels cold for a few minutes to cool the pump.

Don't let it run with out the trigger on the spray gun pressed, that heats them up.

Bottom mount? Wobble pumps don't last very long anyway, i've heard them called one or 2 season pumps. I have an axial cam pump, the best are Triplex.

I'd have a triplex but my wife got me the northern powerhorse unit for fathers day last year, not complaining!
Thanks. Normally every year I add that pump saver to the pump. Considering I use it 3 times a year.

Don't leave it running for longer than 2 minutes without use, and when you're done using it I would shut it off and press the trigger until the water feels cold for a few minutes to cool the pump.
That’s a good idea. I normally shut it off. Squeeze the trigger to release the pressure and that’s it. Hopefully it sitting over night helps it.

Update: All is good again. She fired right up. The pump did get worked and got hot again. Knowing now this typical for these I’ll keep and eye on it.

Back