Brand matching

Is this question serious?

cabin filters - Mann Frecious Plus just because they've been one of the first of this kind and cheaper than OE
engine air filters - Mann on the Mini and the Porsche, OE VW on the GTI which is probably Mann (didn't look)
oil filters - see sig, Purflux on the Mini as it's OE, Mann on the GTI as it's OE, OE Porsche/Purolator on the 930
fuel filters? no idea, never looked for, didn't look for a long time/perhaps I should on the Porsche

I like the traditional green and yellow Mann boxes as well as the white and orange of Knecht btw..

I'll stick with Toyota OE air filters with Denso as a 2nd choice. I'm less fussy about the cabin filter, although there's a Denso in the slot now. Oil filter, running a TRD now but may switch to a Fram Ultra for my next filter. Bottom line, filter matching isn't necessary, but feeling that I've made a good choice is.

Nope, never even thought about it to be truthful.

I do on occasion get the same brand, but that is due to convenience rather than desire.

My '18 Santa Fe does have all OEM, but that is because I have been able to find OEM oil, air and cabin filters on e-bay for cheaper than aftermarket.
My Scion has a Wix air and cabin filter (OEM fit but much cheaper than OEM), but a Bosch oil filter.
The other vehicles I service, no idea what they have on them.

In FRAM and FRAM only when it comes to all my filtration needs. Even the haters know that only FRAM produces the world's greatest products with the best value pricing.

Do yourself a favor and get a Fram Ultra spin on can filter, Fram Ultra engine air Filter, and a Fram cabin air filter and know that if it could your vehicle would shed tears of gratitude.

Nope doesn’t bother me. My oil is filter is anything but Fram and my air filters are usually Fram because it’s what is available at Walmart.

Back