honda oem filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know buying parts from the dealer is a rip off.. For example a cabin filter is 45 bucks and for them to put it in is 100. An air filter is another 65... But today they charged me 9 dollars for an oil filter!!! I will be returning it the next time im down that way. I mean for another 4 bucks i can get a mobil 1 filter.. buyer beware a lil shopping around can save you alot of money. I payed ten bucks for a cabin filter and 30 for an air filter

yea 13 bucks is a lot, I will give the purolator a shot. I have been using fram only cause thats what walmart carries but i hear nothing but bad things about them, but i do use the extended guard one

purolator are good filters. I wouldn't run a $13 filter unless I was extending OCIs.

Wow.. talk about inflation!

a wix cabin filter is probably $15 less, and installation is a mere minutes as it's behind the glove box door.
I think when Honda first put the Cabin filters in they put it under the dash, and it was a major surgery to get it in and out.
The air filter is what.. maybbe $18 for an aftermarket brand, and it'll work and fit the same.

I still can't comprehend why a lot of honda owners are so obsessed with using the honda oil filter when it's nothing special, except for the color and you get a nifty drain plug gasket too.

I dunno

Honda oil filter for S2000 is one of the best filter for that car, most S2000 owners use nothing other than PCX-004 filter designed for it.

It wasn't expensive few years ago, I bought a PCX-004 filter with a metal filter wrench cap for less than $8 from a Honda dealer. That filter wrench cap alone costs more than $4 online (plus shipping).

i know they are crazy and its crazy that people pay for their 30,000 miles checks up where all they do is oil,filter,air filter, cabin filter, tranny fulid and check a million things all for the low price of 400

Saturn dealer here had a sign: "Installation of cabin air filter $65". I bought mine off the Internet and had my wife time me on the replacement. Took 55 seconds to get the old one out and the new one in. That is about $4000/hour labor charge!

The only thing I buy from my dealer is the Mopar oil filter for my Jeep. It's a Pure One rebranded and cheaper then I can get the Puralator for around here.

I get my Honda oem filter for $5. Here's how. The dealer charges $15 to change the oil and filter if you bring your own oil. They charge $20 if you just bring the oil and use the dealer oem filter. I alternate each change with an M1 filter so I can quickly see,blue or black, if they really changed it.

If you really want a Honda OEM go to Ebay. Usually you can get it somwhere around $4-$6 shipped. I personally just pick up an ST for $2.50 most of time.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
9 bucks for a FRAM! OUCH!

Depends on the Dealer.... Mine sells the A01 made by Filtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back