Brakes for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

EBC Ultimax2 pads are a great everyday driver pad. The rotors are worth replacing. I like Powerstop Geomet coated rotors and Raybestos Element3 coated rotors, which seem to be the same thing.

I'd avoid Akebono. I used to put them on pretty much everything, but the quality recently has been awful. I put them on my father's 2013 Grand Cherokee, and after 20k miles they pretty much fell apart in my hands. I replaced them with Raybestos and AC Delco rotors.

Possible. Deglaze them with

81mmoYEzkiL._SL1500_.jpg
Is this any better than a wire brush on a handheld electric grinder?

Finally got around to putting new brakes on it. The front brakes date was 2016, so probably 80k miles on these brakes. Plenty of pad left front and rear.

Went with the popular suggestion here and got Raybestos Element3 pads & rotors. The rear rotors are just regular Raybestos.

So far so good, they'll take some time to break in, also still need to bleed them with fresh fluid. Going to order a brake bleeder tool.

4378641D-97FD-4781-BC0E-9C622AAABDC8.jpeg
8F9AE1D5-7BB1-4B71-8E31-1EB398BDB5D0.jpeg
40BAB4D3-CDFE-4C58-8F87-6BEB3CF072F5.jpeg
81CEBCBF-2C4F-4A51-BC27-B36DDD5E65CA.jpeg

Solid choice. I've had (and seen) the Element/EHT pads go 80k+ in average service on midsize SUV & 1/2 ton pickups without issue.

I also had a particular set that I drove *very* aggressively on; they held up nicely without significant fading & recovered after the cooldown without glazing. I was actually impressed they took what I did to them at the time.

Finally got around to putting new brakes on it. The front brakes date was 2016, so probably 80k miles on these brakes. Plenty of pad left front and rear.

Went with the popular suggestion here and got Raybestos Element3 pads & rotors. The rear rotors are just regular Raybestos.

So far so good, they'll take some time to break in, also still need to bleed them with fresh fluid. Going to order a brake bleeder tool.

View attachment 90548View attachment 90550View attachment 90551View attachment 90552
So jealous of the lack of corrosion!

Back