Brake Pads

Im replacing Brake Pads on a 2013 Hyundai Sonata GlS, I have a dilemma should i go aftermarket with Wagner Thermoquiets or Wearever Platinums or Stay OEM with stock Hyundai Pads? Thanks Guys Grambo

Grambo

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
They only lasted a year,I would be getting something different.
Which pads lasted only a year

Originally Posted By: Grambo
What NHGUY said was why would OEM last you only 1 year? Your car is 2013 and it is only 2014 right now.

Im replacing Brake Pads on a 2013 Hyundai Sonata GlS, I have a dilemma should i go aftermarket with Wagner Thermoquiets or Wearever Platinums or Stay OEM with stock Hyundai Pads? Thanks Guys Grambo
Wearever Platinums are an excellent alternative to OEM pads. I had them on my Acura, good bite, low dust daily driver pad.

Wagner Thermoquiet is a great choice. You will not be disappointed. Akebono ProACT is another good choice, but they are more expensive. If you're lucky, you can find Axxis Deluxe at a really low price. If you get new rotors, consider Centric Premium or VGX Platinum (made by Fremax)

i like Pagid FR pads over everything else for real life stuff. i take advice from the caliper manufacturer for track stuff (usually wilwood or tarox round here)

If your car is prone to wearing out pads early, I suggest getting Autozone Duralast Gold because you can get new ones under warranty if they don't last.

I put on a set of NAPA Adaptive One brake pads on the rear wheels of my car a few months back. I'm very happy with them. Though the price was a bit outrageous ($80+). When I replace the front I'll probably go with Akebono or OEM since they cost $20-$40 less and I'm very happy with the OEM pads.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
What NHGUY said was why would OEM last you only 1 year? Your car is 2013 and it is only 2014 right now.
I guess the question is: Why are you replacing the pads so early after only 1 year? Are the pads truly shot? Did you buy this 2013 Sonata in 2012? Is there some caliper sticking? smile CB

Grambo

Originally Posted By: bourne
Wearever Platinums are an excellent alternative to OEM pads. I had them on my Acura, good bite, low dust daily driver pad.
Ive used Wearever Golds in the past i liked them, whats the difference between the platinum and gold

Ive used Wearever Golds in the past i liked them, whats the difference between the platinum and gold
Biggest difference I gathered after talking to the rep ( Take that for what its worth ) is less brake dust, better quiet shims and hardware included. We use 90% Platinum pads for our brake jobs, only if a customer is looking for cheap do we use Gold pads. Been satisfied with the performance of both.

Grambo

Biggest difference I gathered after talking to the rep ( Take that for what its worth ) is less brake dust, better quiet shims and hardware included. We use 90% Platinum pads for our brake jobs, only if a customer is looking for cheap do we use Gold pads. Been satisfied with the performance of both.
So you would recommend the wearever platinum's over wagner thermoquiets.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
I guess the question is: Why are you replacing the pads so early after only 1 year? Are the pads truly shot? Did you buy this 2013 Sonata in 2012? Is there some caliper sticking? smile CB
While my 2010 GLS has about 5-6mm left on the oem brake pads, with extremely heavy traffic in mind, these cars are known to have caliper piston/pin seizures when not properly serviced. The factory pin lube is complete garbage and so is the oem brake fluid. Simple basic brake maintenance with quality pin lube/brake fluid does wonders, and should extend the life of just about any pad/rotor combination

I MAY/JUNE, I purchaced the WearEver GOLD Ceramic for the F&R of my wifes Lexus and they're nice thus far. I bought them through Shop Discover/AAP and they were also on sale at that time. I'd love to try the PLATINUM Ceramic next, if I don't like the GOLD's. I did also buy the GOLD Ceramic for the rear of my Altima and like them as well. Right now, I am liking the GOLD's better than the Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramic used previously on both cars.

So you would recommend the wearever platinum's over wagner thermoquiets.
Absolutely, especially for the price. Wearever Platinums on my car had very similar brake performance as OEM ( Akebono, I believe) and Raybestos Advanced Technology pads ( their top of the line premium pads ). They only time I would pay more for pads would be if I was looking for a better performance than OEM. Then HAWK HPS gets my vote. Autoanything has HAWK HPS pads for 10% off or so.