Brake Pads - Wagner/Chain 'gold series'

IME, Thermoquiet is not quiet on my old sold Camry. Not sure why, RA even replaced it after 1 year and it was still squeal.

I put Raybestos EHT3 in my 17 Sienna and it is very quiet.
It was good deal at RA 6 months ago, so not sure if it is still does.

Looking for some thoughts on front pads for a 2011 Avalon. Just casually looking at AAP's site, but what are your thoughts on Wagner Thermoquiet pads vs the retail chains 'gold' ceramic series pads.

One of the issues I've seen, when having pads intstalled, is that the hardware is never correct. How do you get around that?

Thank you.
I have been using THERMO-QUIET brake pads for 25-30 years with great success.

I used Wagner Thermoquiets on a few different vehicles because of the glowing reviews on this board. They were terrible! Squealed on every vehicle and seemed to wear out early.

I switched to Raybestos EHT, which were great. However the last Raybestos EHT I installed has had a very muted squeal on the front of a car.

So I'm currently looking at different pads. Maybe they all cheapen them up over time?!?

I might try come Centric pads next.

We used to use thermoquiets almost exclusively. Then overnight no matter what we did we were getting noise complaints.
I know it's only my single instance, but I put Wagner TQs on my wife's Fusion 2+ years ago and they're great ... and quiet! When did you start getting these noise issues ?

I know it's only my single instance, but I put Wagner TQs on my wife's Fusion 2+ years ago and they're great ... and quiet! When did you start getting these noise issues ?
We quit selling them close to 10 years ago now because of noise issues. I have been given a few sets of them in more recent years for personal vehicles from vendors trying to get my brake business (I wont sell a new brand on something like that until I use a set myself, same generally with tires). Most recent set is on my suburban from probably 2 years ago, they squeal and I am too cheap to replace pads that still have 10/32 of life left. Still beats the Duralast Max pads that autozone gave me for the back of my Mercury that delaminated in 2 years.

Hey Guys,

I wanted to push this back to the top of the forum. I need to place an order in the next day or so. It really looks like there is a good portion of respondents who like those Raybestos EHT pads.

So.... good choice, move forward with the order ?

Also, I found a site I've never used -- buybrakes.com It looks like it is run by a Military Vet, and has very positive feedback. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thank you.

The pads for Wagner TQ are good, but the way the shims are attached leaves much to be desired. I had a shim detach itself a few weeks after installing a pad. I JB welded the shim to the pad and that solved the problem.

Back