Brake Pad Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to Change the pads and rotors on my 08 Saturn oulook.

I am leaning towards the Raybestos Advance tech set.
Does anyone know if they are worth the money over the Raybestos Professional grade? Anyone have some other opinions. I got 55k out of the OEM's so no complaints there

Go with ceramic pads. Better stopping and less dust. I'm not sure if either of those options are ceramic.

got ya, i am liking the raybestos but it has been a while since i did my own brakes

My current OEM pads are ceramic, i am just not sure how crazy i should go with my next set

if i go with the raybesto's it is about 50 dollars cheaper overall to go with the professional grade over the advance

Which ones? What numerical friction/heat ratings and pad composition?
Either brand are normally very reputable, but splitting hairs requires more information.

Well I am looking into the Professional grade raybestos but i cant find ratings for them. the bendix would be the CQ (rock auto doesnt have the CT in front)

Last edited:
Stick with the professional grade. It's the most popular pad.

The Adv. Tech pads simply include a new set of hardware, and supposedly, a longer lasting (but not necessarily better performing) compound.

Determining a pad's performance by judging the friction codes is similar to evaluating tire performance by the codes printed on the side wall-- not a wise decision.

Got ya. The Professional's also come with a hardware kits. I started debating the bendix pads are reading about having a lifetime warranty

I install a LOT of the Bendix Titanium metallic pads. I find the cost vs. life vs. noise to be very favorable in most general automotive/light truck applications.

i am going to go with the raybesto's, i would go bendix but it appears the better pad isnt out for my truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back