Brake Fluid for Acura Tsx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My car is about 2 years old with ~50k miles and would like to change out the brake fluid. What is a good brake fluid to get? I have heard great things about ATE TYP 200 and valvoline. I really want to try the ATE TYP 200, but have read on here that it can ruin your master cyclinder and such. Is this true? Should I just go with the Valvoline? Also, Ive never flush/bleed before and was wondering how hard is it? Is there anything I could buy to make the bleeding process easier? And how much fluid do I need to be on the safe side? Sorry for all the questions, but Im just a newb trying to be educated.

Thanks!
Tuan

The ATE Typ 200 is a most excellent fluid about $12 a bottle. The valvoline is also a great fluid, $6/bottle. I have never heard of seal/rubber failure with the ATE fluid nor the valvoline stuff. ATE does make a 'super blue' which is the same as the TYP 200 just dyed blue.

gravity bleeding is the easiest way, crack open the bleeders, let 'er drip and keep an eye on the resovoir.

I like to pick up two liters of fluid, but it can be done with one liter.

I used to use any DOT3 that was on sale, but switched to Valvoline Synpower DOT4. What I notice is that it looks "nicer", more golden instead of dark. This makes my dad, girlfriend, and her mom happier as it looks "cleaner".

Not to mention it last longer before it turns dark.

Motul 600RBF has better dry and wet boiling points than any of the other fluids mentioned so far, and is in the same price range (at least in my neck of the woods). Most motorcycle stores carry it.

quote:

Originally posted by Blake Sobiloff:
Motul 600RBF has better dry and wet boiling points than any of the other fluids mentioned so far, and is in the same price range (at least in my neck of the woods). Most motorcycle stores carry it.

same price for half liter. i can get ATE for $12/L and 600rbf for $15/500ml

Thanks! How many Liters of ATE would I need to do a complete flush and bleed for the front and rear brakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back