Brake checking by Cop !

Status
Not open for further replies.
A police officer slammed on his brakes, but then gave the driver behind him a ticket!

Too many cops are abusing their power lately, that why people have negative view about cop behavior lately.

With dashcam captured the whole incident, this cop probably will get into some problem with his supervisor, and the guy who got several tickets will probably get off most tickets.

Quote:
Cop: I braked cause I thought you were gonna run into me

A guy name Glenn claimed he's a police officer posted a comment:

Quote:
I'm a cop and I think this guy...the cop not the civilian, is wayyyy out of line. I think it was intentionally done, possibly to cause an accident (workers comp medical retirement maybe). If you notice, when he brakes, there is a parked car to the right and an oncoming car to the left. If he had been too close or not paying attention, he would have likely hit the cop causing a "career ending injury" for which he would be rewarded handsomely for the next 30 plus years. Cop should be at least suspended if not fired. People are right, it gives cops that try to do their best bad names while idiots like this retire early and move to Boca.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-accused-clifton-officer-brake-025649902.html

All these cameras are awesome.

The guy wasn't even following close, I don't see why the cop did it.

Omar is gonna have a bad day. Reddit can stuff itself. He was barely 2 car lengths, probably less.

Last edited:
This is nothing new except folks have very easy video capabilities and instant sharing.

The problem is cops who do this stuff are stupid to begin with. They are an uneducated bunch who have not realized they are at a high chance of being videoed.

There are plenty of great cops and I respect them. However this kind of dirt just needs to retire and body cams in place for all. Video and storage are dirt cheap.

The cop was playing games, and abusing his authority. What he should have done like a norm thinking cop in this situation would do is instead of getting all hot about a tailgater, he should have pulled over to let him buy, then light him up and pull him over for following too close.

The cops excuse of slamming on the brakes because he thought the guy was going to hit him is complete nonsense. If he was afraid the guy was going to rear end him, he should be punching the gas or pulling over, not slamming on the brakes. More games being played.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The cop was playing games, and abusing his authority. What he should have done like a norm thinking cop in this situation would do is instead of getting all hot about a tailgater, he should have pulled over to let him buy, then light him up and pull him over for following too close.

The cops excuse of slamming on the brakes because he thought the guy was going to hit him is complete nonsense. If he was afraid the guy was going to rear end him, he should be punching the gas or pulling over, not slamming on the brakes. More games being played.

This is what a normal civilian would do, either step on the gas pedal to go faster(but not more than speed limit) to increase the distance, or go to the right lane(if there is a right lane) or stop to let the tailgater pass. Nobody slams on the brake because he/she was afraid to be rear ended.

I had something similar happen a few years back. I told the cop to call his sergeant or I was going to call him. He got on the radio and called for him. When the sergeant got there and I explained everything he took my word for it and reamed the officer out. Told me to go on my way. I did happen to drop a few names. I come from a family of police not that it makes a difference but it saved my [censored] from the game playing.

I suppose anything is possible. The lead story on the local news is a Chicago cop stomped on a suspects head while he was in handcuffs. Police need to realize that everyone has cell phones with good cameras.

This reminds me of the time I politely told a police officer who was standing in the middle of a dark intersection in a black uniform directing traffic with his tiny flashlight at 10:30 at night. There was no traffic to direct and yet he had all but one lane blocked off with his cruiser and yet there he was standing right in the middle of the only lane. You know what his response was when I told him nobody can see him standing right their due to all the bright flashing lights blinding everyone? Well that's why we have all these lights and I have my flash light, then he walked off, as if I was some kind of idiot, hey I was just trying to look out for our finest. So much for that......

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
This reminds me of the time I politely told a police officer who was standing in the middle of a dark intersection in a black uniform directing traffic with his tiny flashlight at 10:30 at night. There was no traffic to direct and yet he had all but one lane blocked off with his cruiser and yet there he was standing right in the middle of the only lane. You know what his response was when I told him nobody can see him standing right their due to all the bright flashing lights blinding everyone? Well that's why we have all these lights and I have my flash light, then he walked off, as if I was some kind of idiot, hey I was just trying to look out for our finest. So much for that......

You could have called in a drunk standing in the road with a flashlight, and that no once can see the drunk in the middle of the road.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
I suppose anything is possible. The lead story on the local news is a Chicago cop stomped on a suspects head while he was in handcuffs. Police need to realize that everyone has cell phones with good cameras.

I wonder what the subject had done prior to what was on the video from the phone? Oh maybe attack the officer, kill him, who knows YOU don't know either, you are assuming....many times these witness videos only tape the actions of the officers in REaction to the dangerous or potentially deadly actions of the perps.

I don't excuse illegal acts, or acts against department policy, however when the officer's life is in jeopardy he has the right to do whatever is necessary to protect his own life, the lives of innocent bystanders, and to secure the perp.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: qwerty1234

I wonder what the subject had done prior to what was on the video from the phone? Oh maybe attack the officer, kill him, who knows YOU don't know either, you are assuming....many times these witness videos only tape the actions of the officers in REaction to the dangerous or potentially deadly actions of the perps.

I don't excuse illegal acts, or acts against department policy, however when the officer's life is in jeopardy he has the right to do whatever is necessary to protect his own life, the lives of innocent bystanders, and to secure the perp.

There's no reason to stomp on somebody's head that is on the ground in hand cuffs. Even if the guy was lipping off, the cop needs to remain calm and just ignore the guy. The cop was riled up over something, but he obviously didn't keep his cool like a professional cop would do when he already had the guy in cuffs and under control.

ZeeOSix said:
There's no reason to stomp on somebody's head that is on the ground in hand cuffs. Even if the guy was lipping off, the cop needs to remain calm and just ignore the guy. The cop was riled up over something, but he obviously didn't keep his cool like a professional cop would do when he already had the guy in cuffs and under control.

One of the urban youths at the scene antagonized him and called him soft for calling back up on one suspect. I admit it's a very challenging job to work. Never the less, maintaining professionalism is a must in the social media present. Stomping the mans head in handcuffs is crossing the line.

qwerty1234 said:

I wonder what the subject had done prior to what was on the video from the phone? Oh maybe attack the officer, kill him, who knows YOU don't know either, you are assuming....many times these witness videos only tape the actions of the officers in Reaction to the dangerous or potentially deadly actions of the perps.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

This Chicago cop had no reason to stomp on the suspect's head while he was in handcuffs. This suspect didn't endanger anyone while he was in handcuffs.

This Chicago cop should be indicted for assault with deadly weapon.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

This Chicago cop had no reason to stomp on the suspect's head while he was in handcuffs. This suspect didn't endanger anyone while he was in handcuffs.

Again, I said if it violates policy and procedures it should not be tolerated...

However I wonder how many times this thug has been in contact with this same officer, twice, three times, a half dozen times for serious criminal actions? Yet the INjustice system probably has let him out numerous times only to commit the same heinous actions, over and over, and over again....The system doesn't work, and my guess is that many times the actions of these officers are out of total frustration with the revolving door system where violent perps keep getting out on the street committing the same actions again and again! Not excusing the actions of the officer, but I do understand the growing frustration they all must have.

Frankly I would like to see more life sentences and death sentences for drug dealers and violent criminals. That way they won't ever been on the street ever again to cause harm.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

He probably will. But the bigger issue is that as a Cook County tax payer I'll be on the hook for a law suit. The city has paid out over $500 million in police law suits.

Frankly I would like to see more life sentences and death sentences for drug dealers and violent criminals. That way they won't ever been on the street ever again to cause harm.

He was charged with drug possession. So he was probably selling little $10 bags of crack & heroin. No reason to stomp the guys head. I wonder how many citizen complaints the officers has had previously, eh??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back