BP Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps BP has seen a drop in sales due to the besmirching of their name following the Gulf spill?

And yeah, huge .79 sodas.

Originally Posted by Kestas
Could be. Didn't the name Exxon disappear into Mobil?

It did on their oil products. No more "Superflo."
Still plenty of Exxon stations. Helps with market saturation.
BP is utilizing the same tactic by bring back the "Amoco" name.

I see at least some of the local BP stations here are now Sunoco

Last edited:
These retail operations are bought and sold all the time... Around here the Hess stations were recently sold to Speedway, many of the Mobils changed to Speedway or Marathon. Change is constant.

Originally Posted by FT92

Sunoco no longer owns any refineries. They are owned by Energy Transfer Partners and are involved in all sorts of marketing deals .This is strictly a branding play.

Wasn't Amoco gobbled up by BP way back when? And recently a local Exxon sta has become Amoco...first one I've seen in long time. Don"t have white "high test" gas tho...........you youngsters won't know about White Gas!

Originally Posted by csandste
Circle K dropped Shell in StL market a couple of years ago. No more Top Tier, no more Circle K, except for Polar Pops.

Polar Pops recently went from 79 to 99 cents for any size, so Circle K is on thin ice right now.

Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger
Circle K dropped Shell in StL market a couple of years ago. No more Top Tier, no more Circle K, except for Polar Pops.

Polar Pops recently went from 79 to 99 cents for any size, so Circle K is on thin ice right now.

But those Polar Pop cups are styrofoam so the thin ice should stay frozen for quite some time...

Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger

Oh heck no!

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Originally Posted by FT92

Sunoco no longer owns any refineries. They are owned by Energy Transfer Partners and are involved in all sorts of marketing deals .This is strictly a branding play.

So who makes Nascar "racing" fuel? (sorry don't watch it since 76 was the premier supplier)

IMO, Circle K needs broken up! They come in and buy up all the gas stations, and you think they are different "Brands" but they are all owned by this Circle K empire. [censored] Circle K runs stores in Taiwan.

I am very upset that Circle K literally dropped their Shell brand for their own "Circle K" brand, and now is in a price war with Hucks Now! across the street! Hucks (as in Huckleberry Fin) is another corporate empire! Shell is premium gas(branding) and Circle K is just "discount gas"

They are all lies, we know oil didn't come from the dinosaurs and Huckleberry Fin was a racist!

The only good chains of gas stations are Country Mark and the now defunct Swifty's gas for less.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JLTD
Perhaps BP has seen a drop in sales due to the besmirching of their name following the Gulf spill?

And yeah, huge .79 sodas.

That was 10 years ago. People's memories aren't that long hence why we are heading towards another 2008/9.

Who cares? Top Tier Costco is cheaper and Big Gulps make you fat.

Last edited:
happened here.....10ish? yrs ago?
there is 1 that is still a BP. the rest either closed, became a Duke and Duchess and then closed, or went Circle K. (one, Right next to I-75, Closed just before a big highway construction project came through, which eliminated the street along it's side in lieu of an on ramp, put up big signs across the front saying "Closed For Highway Construction" Never Reopened. signs stayed up for at least 6 years...)

just checked(via Google maps) the BP station I briefly worked @ in Columbus, OH back in...late '03-early'04...
at the time, it was a BP Corporately owned store, now it's a Duke and Duchess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back