Boycotting Monster Energy drink....

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff is horrible for people! I can't even stand the smell of it. Boycotting wont do much good because to many people my age drink them like they're water.

Last edited:
Ill buy the occasional red bull when im ad the end of a 12 hour shift and im technically behind the wheel of a bigger truck about 20 minutes of each hour so I think I can justify one or two a month.

I used to drink 2 monster drinks a day for pretty much a year a couple years ago. They say that stuff will kill you. Actually a couple kids down south died from driking energy drinks. I think they all had an underlying condition but hey there dead now.

I think fish or any animal deserves better than some man made creation any day of the week so im down.

Not too hard to boycott Monster, that stuff is disgusting, along with most other energy drinks.

DiabeetusCat.jpg

lol I just finished a Monster energy drink just now.

The worst "Monster" company has got to be Monster Cable. Overpriced cables and deceptive marketing.

It's just a part of (big) business these days to bounce others off the wall just because you can.

When I see the M from Monster Fish Keepers I think nothing about Monster Energy.... I also think it's lame when kids my age slap those dumb looking M stickers all over their car...

I will still be enjoying the occasional monster energy drink either way.

I produced a video once for a baseball card shop in SE Michigan. The guy who ran it wanted a CD-ROM (this was 1999) to give out at a trade show of some sort, and his card shop was one of a handful of places in the States that could (forgive me if I'm off, I don't recall exactly...) validate the authenticity of a certain sub-set of trading cards. The name of the card place had the word "monster" in it as well; as also his logo was a green monster.

He told me of this incident he had with monster.com (whose logo was a green monster). They sent him a similar cease-and-desist letter, probably figuring that a letter from some big bad lawyers'd scare the heck out what they probably presumed was a small shop owner. It turns out, though, that this guy is insanely wealthy - he had something to do with the development of the plastic assembly that houses air bags, *if I recall correctly, which I may well not*. Anyhow, he sends this hilariously antagonistic letter back to monster.com inviting them to pursue legal action, which they did not.

Why not? He explained to me what his army of lawyers explained to him: These big corporations with trademarks *must* demonstrate periodic efforts to defend their trademark; for two main reasons: 1) the lawyers in charge of this stuff must demonstrate their worth to their masters, and 2) in some twisted legal way, if efforts are not apparent toward the active and constant and vigilant defense of a trademark, it is in jeopardy of losing its standing as a trademark! Apparently, then, these weasel-lawyers make a habit out of picking on mom-and-pop places who've neither the inclination nor the resources to wage legal battle so they can hang some heads on a stick and show it to their bosses each quarter.

I think uc50ic4more describes a lot of the motivations behind this type of action.

Also for the boycotters: Monster Beverage makes some other products: Hansen's sodas and juices, Junior Juice, and Blue Sky Sodas.

I can't join the boycott because I don't consume any of their products. Good luck to the fishkeepers.

I work at a convenience store. I used to drink Monster, until I started working there.

You know Monster WILL eventually eat through the aluminum can it comes in?

I've seen the CocaCola Rep constantly pour out cans of monster that are leaking because of it. After a good 4 months of storage, it eventually all starts leaking.

Food for thought.

ALSO, think Monster smells bad newly open? Open an expired can.

Never quite understand the point of "Energy Drinks". If I want caffine, there are so many more delicious things I could drink and get caffine as a side effect: coffee, tea, coke, pepsi, etc. If I only want caffine, there are pills, or 5 hour energy that is healthier at the right amount.

Why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back