Boxed Jambalaya

Once in a blue moon I will prepare boxed jambalaya for a quick meal. It's far from being as good as homemade jambalaya. But it serves its purpose as a meal easily made, and quick. I only use Tony Chachere's jambalaya mix. You don't have to season it, just add your desired shrimp, sausage, or chicken. I made mine with andouille sausage tonight.

Attachments

• JAMBOX.jpg
    JAMBOX.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 22
  • JAM.jpg
    JAM.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 23
Once in a blue moon I will prepare boxed jambalaya for a quick meal. It's far from being as good as homemade jambalaya. But it serves its purpose as a meal easily made, and quick. I only use Tony Chachere's jambalaya mix. You don't have to season it, just add your desired shrimp, sausage, or chicken. I made mine with andouille sausage tonight.
As a single guy in the USAF stationed in the Florida Panhandle (way back in the mid 80's) I used alot of Tony's! We tried to get over to NOLA 3-4 times a year (to include Mardi-Gras of course) but nothing beats the real thing prepared authentically!

This isn't bad.

9267e905-6dd1-48ae-952b-b425011c9926.png

In a pinch I've even tried this:

images

I found that Costco rotisserie chicken is just about perfect for it. I thought the key was that there's nothing wrong with just adding more and more stuff to it, like bell peppers, celery, or green onions. Or even tomatoes.

Making it at home is a lot cheaper than Popeye's, which is delivered frozen. I found that out once when I ordered some and was told that it was going to take a half hour to thaw it out.

I do love the creole seasonings.
Try the TONY CHACHERE'S BOLD. IMHO, it's the best. It's what I use on my food most of the time. It doesn't take much.

Back