Bought new Moen kitchen faucet: Junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a Moen Haywood high arc pull down kitchen faucet other day at Menard's. Liked that Moen is made in USA. Unbox it at home, and it struck me as el cheapo quality. The flex lines for supply and the pull down hose feel cheap and flimsy Overall first impression is of low quality. It was on sale $149, guess you get what you pay for. Returning it, and will be looking for better quality.

Open to suggestions on a quality high arc pull down, guess we need to spend more, let's set the limit at $350.

That's a shame. The Moen plumbing in my bathroom has seen daily use for over 30 years with absolutely no repair or maintenance.

I have a moen kitchen faucet, mostly plastic parts but every time a part has broken they overnight me a new part no questions asked. I do have the serial number written under the sink. Their support is second to none.

IRONY: Paul Harvey used to advertise them on the radio...and he was trusted as a God wasn't he? Can't trust anybody.

HISTORY: I installed a German made pull down unit for my pal.
The opportunity of us getting together was last minute and the idea to change the faucet was spontaneous so there was no time to shop.
He went to a nearby high end supply house across from a "Ring's End" carpentry store (also higher end) inNew Milford, CT and he parted with ~$425.

GOOD NEWS: Therefore, I guess you can find something around $350 if you shop at least a little.

His was a Grohe (pr. GRO heh)

Are you in a city "Midwest USA" or out in the ticks "Midwest USA"?

I had Grhoe plumbing fixtures installed in the custom home I had built. It was an upgrade in cost but worth it in the long run.

Originally Posted by Kestas
That's a shame. The Moen plumbing in my bathroom has seen daily use for over 30 years with absolutely no repair or maintenance.
Almost every brand you can think of that was quality in the 20th century has sold out by now.

I remember when I was growing up my Dad criticizing euro faucet brands because they were harder to get parts for, I think the internet fixed that problem.

They always put cheap flex hoses on them, just reuse the old ones.

Big box stores for faucets and drains, any part that can be made of plastic are. Plumbing supply houses have alot more brass but if you want close to 100% brass hospital grade.

Kohler is a good brand. I look for fixtures at HD or Lowes on clearance. I've gotten $250 fixtures for less than half. If you want higher end HD or Lowes either have in stock or can order anything you want. The nice thing is you can easily take it back.

Moen faucets purchased from big box stores and the like are cheaply made for the most part. They are manufactured to a price point. I only purchase and install quality Moen from plumbing supply houses. They are great quality and my customers love them. And a genuine lifetime warranty. Any problem call 1-800-buymoen.

Bought mine 5 years ago at Costco, it's held up well. Grohe - think it was $129

I put a Moen single handle in our shower last year. Your right it feels very cheap. I haven't had any problems with it though. Came from Home Depot. I at first bought a Delta but it was so cheaply made I took it back. I have an old Delta 2 handle unit in another bathroom. It is solid brass and i just replace the washers and springs about every 10 years. Wife wanted me to get rid of it but my brother-in-law said that I wouldn't find any better. He was a plumber till he got disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back