Seeking Plumbing Unicorn: High Arc Kitchen Faucet 2.2gpm rated

Trying to find something to replace the absolutely horrible Krauss high arc faucet that was in the home when we moved in earlier this year. Worst pos faucet out there, whatever you do don't buy Krauss.

Anyhow, trying to find a high arc single hole single lever kitchen faucet with pull-down combo aerator/sprayer, in stainless that is rated @ 2.2 gpm. Unicorn so far. Everything is 1.5 or 1.8. Also, looks like Moen is the last and only manufacturer still maintaining some production in the USA, with three plants, but even they have china plants now. Has to be a one holer, counter top is solid granite, not drilling it.

Buy faucet, unscrew aerator, remove flow restrictor, replace aerator, now you're officially a scofflaw.

Originally Posted by mk378
Buy faucet, unscrew aerator, remove flow restrictor, replace aerator, now you're officially a scofflaw.

Unless it's a Krauss. Tried. No restricter in the nozzle end, it's designed into the cartridge. I replaced the cartridge with a genuine part ordered from Krauss. Kept the old one, thinking it was just full of scale. Disassembled the old cartridge,no excessive scale, just a bad design. Can't be properly sabotaged to increase flow. Also, it's not the shut off valves under sink, plumber pressure tested them, tested within spec I think 60psi but not sure. The Krauss is just a horrid design. Over priced junk. Looks stylish though... Which is good, because you spend a lot of time looking at it while you're waiting for the water to get hot or to fill a pitcher, etc. Did I mention Krauss faucets are pieces of dung?

I actually had a Kraus faucet delivered yesterday and am planning on installing it today. The Q/A section at the HD website for the faucet has a complaint about water flow. Kraus answered and said to call them at 800-775-0703 and they will provide instructions on how to remove the flow restrictor.

Mine says 1.8 gpm so we'll see how it works since the current faucet is 2.2.

Trying to find something to replace the absolutely horrible Krauss high arc faucet that was in the home when we moved in earlier this year. Worst pos faucet out there, whatever you do don't buy Krauss.

Anyhow, trying to find a high arc single hole single lever kitchen faucet with pull-down combo aerator/sprayer, in stainless that is rated @ 2.2 gpm. Unicorn so far. Everything is 1.5 or 1.8. Also, looks like Moen is the last and only manufacturer still maintaining some production in the USA, with three plants, but even they have china plants now. Has to be a one holer, counter top is solid granite, not drilling it.
This is my new Moen I just had put in. I can't find the flow rate, so I wouldn't want to guess. But it does have a button on the sprayer head, (the black round one in the photo), that when pressed, dramatically increases the flow. Then when you turn the faucet off, it defaults back to the lower flow setting until you press it again. It's a single hole model.

The old squeaky, leaky, shifted to the left POS was what it replaced. ( Lower photo). And it had nowhere near the flow rate this new Moen does, even on the lower setting.

chStMTs.jpg

DFlFSHW.jpg

Last edited:
I know that Delta offers a variety of aerators with different flow rates, so perhaps buying a faucet that has an available higher flow aerator might be the key.

https://www.amazon.com/WEWE-Brushed...Y2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

This was reviewed at 2.2gpm (doesnt say on amazon)

I installed one at my parents house to replace their 15 year old moen.. and its much better.. they have had it for 4 months now and recently told me its the best faucet they have had.

Its much nicer than my clearance kohler pulldown faucet that was $199 on sale for $110 installed
I concur with Rand on this high arc WEWE faucet. It has excellent water flow and is head and shoulders above the Delta, Kohler and Moen high rise faucets that I have previously installed in the kitchens of family members. Even if you don't factor in the price, it is an amazing product. Read the Amazon reviews on this faucet and place your order. As an added bonus, it is designed with quick install couplers and mounting hardware that makes installation a breeze.

This has been a great faucet for us, it is a 1.5 gpm though.

Back