Bought Harbor Freight's Backpack Sprayer This Past Weekend

I would like to educate myself, can you cite some sources for me to read about glyphosate lawsuits that are not “Roundup”?

Since that’s not a claim I made, nor am I anyone’s unpaid research librarian, I suggest you continue your own research. You can start with glycophosphate, lawsuits, and Lowes, Kellogg, Purina, General Mills, and Quaker Oats.

Backpack sprayers are awesome!! I bought a Chapman years ago and love it. They are so convenient. My only regret is having not bought one sooner. I use mine for spraying 2,4-D on the lawn, grass killer in the flower beds and Glyphosate on the weeds in other areas. I have considered buying a second backpack sprayer just so I don't have to rinse it out so carefully after each use.

Word to the wise. Use reasonable care when handling any strong manmade chemical, especially one that is engineered to kill things. Wear gloves. Wash your hands. Follow the directions, including don't spray in windy conditions.

FYI. The state of California has determined that used motor oil is a carcinogen. You may want to wear neoprene gloves when doing an oil change.

Or you may decide to wear a full hazmat suit when working anywhere near your car. Or just pay some 18 year old patsy at the local lube shop to change your oil and let him take the risk for you.

I would like to educate myself, can you cite some sources for me to read about glyphosate lawsuits that are not “Roundup”?
First question I‘d ask members… have you done jury duty ? Whole new perspective …

I always wear neoprene gloves, the chemical resistant rated ones that go almost up to the elbows, and wear a respirator when using the HF sprayer for agricultural chemicals. I wear the same gloves for oil changes. I am not talking about the cheap 100 gloves in a box that dispense like Kleenex. Mine are industrial rated reusable work gloves.

Also used for spraying your trees. I’m thinking of dormant spray in late winter early spring. A very light oil that smothers holdover parasites from the season before. Also, certain ferts that are best applied to the leaves such as Boron for grapes.

I believe a gallon of vinegar, a cup of epsom salts and a quarter cup of Dawn .

I purchased a weed killer called Wipe Out. It was 7% Acetic Acid. Pickling vinegar is also 7 Acetic Acid, so I see the connection. Dawn is a surfactant the lowers the surface tension of the droplet of acetic acid and allows it to spread out more. I’m not sure what the Epson salts are for. Perhaps to help dry out the leaf.

B6CC979A-C64E-4152-B715-B38E336F5D23.jpegA12DA3FF-079A-4109-860D-6D93CC0AFEED.jpeg2D27D6E0-1FCD-444E-BDD2-F55019DD85F3.jpeg3B56330E-8DBF-4B7B-B988-5D102157EF8D.jpeg

+1 on 2-4-D. ( don’t get is confused with DDT which was banned long ago.) 2-4-D gets rid of dandelions and if the neighbours cooperate you can get rid of them in a few seasons and just spot spray. I use the Killex brand. It has hasn’t changed much in the last 25 years.

Roundup is in a totally different league from 2-4-D in terms to toxicity.

Last edited:
I have had my HF backpack sprayer for 2 years - works great. I spray weed killer around 5 acres of fences and the horse barns

Back