Bought a used Simplicity Regent

Sold the Toro SS 4225 zero turn a couple weeks ago. Wasn't happy with the cut, the wife couldn't steer it, and we have a water drainage ditch it always wanted to nosedive. So bought the Simplicity.

I think it is a 2015 or 2016. Best I can tell the engine (23hp Briggs Professional) is 2015. 186 hours. Fab deck. The shaft for raising the deck is a little bent and the hood has some scratches that don't show up well on the pic. Comes with a bagger but one of the tubes has a couple cracks, so might need to see if I can find a replacement. Engine looks very clean inside. Has the common K46 transmission. Needs a new air filter and blades sharpened. Probably needs a new battery and belt at the end of this season. An equivalent new model sells for $2799 (no bagger, but with electric deck height adjustment).

It was this or a new non-current 2019 Broadmoor 48" with 25hp Briggs Professional with suspension and the very good Tuff Torq K71 transmission.

I paid $1300 and could probably get $1800 to $2000 if I flipped it. Guy didn't know what he had and just wanted it gone. The new Broadmoor I passed on was MSRP $4999 selling for $3699.

Resized_20210622_193441.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! What size deck? $3,699 for the new/old Broadmoor was actually a killer price! (y)

Last edited:
Nice! I didn't realize they offered a fabricated deck. The simplicity line is really comfortable in the seat. Lots of room compared to most other make/models.

Thats a beefy deck there. Take care of it, you wont find one for such a good offer!

Back