Bought a new car, Camry hybrid

My wife and I have been casually looking for a new car. My 95 Lincoln is showing its age and one major failure would cost more than it's worth to repair. I wanted something for a family of 5, offered good gas mileage, and is safe. Our local dealer added 5k in dealer markups and they had no hybrids on the lot. I could put a nonrefundable deposit and play the waiting game. The trans in the lincoln has been acting up as well. I wanted to be proactive rather than reactive as the hybrids are not sitting around on dealership lots.

We drove 45 minutes to another dealer as they offered to sell us the car at MSRP over the phone, and would refund the deposit if we hated the car when it finally arrived. The timeline was about 3-6 months. They happened to have a RAV4 hybrid on the lot, which my wife loved. I wasn't very fond of it. the Rav4 was most costly, and didn't get the gas mileage. The sales manager said after a check that a dealership two hours away happened to have a 2023 Camry LE hybrid in transit. He used to work for that dealer and they owed him a favor. He made a call and the other dealer agreed to swap the Rav4 hybrid for the Camry hybrid.

We will be picking it up in 2 days. I hope to serves us well.

Congrats! I wish you many years of reliable, safe, enjoyable motoring.
Hopefully some pictures on the way soon. 😉

Last edited:
I really like the Camry and Corolla hybrids. Did you get it for MSRP? They want $6000.00 over MSRP in my area.

Yes, we paid MSRP w/ additional $250 in dealer paperwork fees. My local dealer wanted 10k over MSRP...

I've never paid msrp for a vehicle but I didn't have a choice. Happy wife, happy life!

Yes, we paid MSRP w/ additional $250 in dealer paperwork fees. My local dealer wanted 10k over MSRP...

I've never paid msrp for a vehicle but I didn't have a choice. Happy wife, happy life!
Awesome buy. I want the Corolla hybrid but am waiting for a dealer to obtain MSRP which is about $25,500. You will love the car. My BIL has a Prius and I drove that quite a lot when my wife and I visited him in CA. It was a very nice car to drive and the mileage was outstanding.

Yeah, it uses 0 weight oil and has 10k oil change intervals. I'll stick with the 5k oil change intervals.

That is not what the W stands for. Also, consider the fact that your engine is not always running in your oil change intervals.

My wife and I have been casually looking for a new car. My 95 Lincoln is showing its age and one major failure would cost more than it's worth to repair. I wanted something for a family of 5, offered good gas mileage, and is safe. Our local dealer added 5k in dealer markups and they had no hybrids on the lot. I could put a nonrefundable deposit and play the waiting game. The trans in the lincoln has been acting up as well. I wanted to be proactive rather than reactive as the hybrids are not sitting around on dealership lots.

We drove 45 minutes to another dealer as they offered to sell us the car at MSRP over the phone, and would refund the deposit if we hated the car when it finally arrived. The timeline was about 3-6 months. They happened to have a RAV4 hybrid on the lot, which my wife loved. I wasn't very fond of it. the Rav4 was most costly, and didn't get the gas mileage. The sales manager said after a check that a dealership two hours away happened to have a 2023 Camry LE hybrid in transit. He used to work for that dealer and they owed him a favor. He made a call and the other dealer agreed to swap the Rav4 hybrid for the Camry hybrid.

A non-refundable deposit is just a more polite way of saying to bend over and wait for it... I have no interest in another car/payment and surely wouldn't tolerate the crap most dealerships wanna spew as if we all need them to be around.

Great Hybrid and a great deal! Enjoy.

Ive known 2 of these in earlier years…. Great cars and their owners are/were very happy with them.

Back