Bought a Giulia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful car and can't beat that red! Looks great with the black wheels and yellow Brembos. Any pictures of the interior?

Such a unique vehicle. Not some BMW sedan everybody else has. I hope it ends up being not too "italian" in the repairs department.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Cue the "How irresponsible- you should have bought a soul-killing appliance and driven it for 300k miles." comments...

Aaaaargh. So predictable.

Hey, I kind of like the styling, at least it has some unique lines to it. Not just another cookie cutter car.

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by dishdude
Beautiful car and can't beat that red! Looks great with the black wheels and yellow Brembos. Any pictures of the interior?

It's definitely different, but there's something about the red and yellow combo that just makes it pop. Here are some pics I grabbed from the dealership website.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by dareo
Such a unique vehicle. Not some BMW sedan everybody else has. I hope it ends up being not too "italian" in the repairs department.

I looked into this quite a bit, and while there are definitely individuals that have experienced problems. Most of the people I've seen have had little to no reliability/quality issues. Only time will tell but it looks as though the Giulia is a solid build for Alfa.

It might not be as durable as a GM HD work van that people coo about but then again this car won't be used as a commercial vehicle either. I think it will be fine. A lot of it comes down to how it's maintained.

Former owner of a 1971 Fiat 124 Spider and a 1987 Alfa Spider Veloce here, so I get the Italian thing. Congratulations, and I hope the car serves you well. Sergio Marchionne (RIP) deserves a ton of credit for bringing the Alfa Romeo marque back into the USA after Fiat botched it in the 1990's. Time will tell if the venture will succeed, but no one can deny the beauty of the 4C and the Giulia.

Great Car congratulations !!! The last time I drove an Alfa was in the early 60s in Italy and it was a Giulietta 5 speed 2 door, a blast to drive.

I'd give my 1st born (no children :) ) to drive a quadrifoglio just for the sheer exhilaration of it. The problem in the past was to find qualified people to work on them as apparently they needed some specific tool to be able to make adjustments, this may no longer be the case, out of curiosity did you try a Stelvio while there?

Last edited:
Cue the "How irresponsible- you should have bought a soul-killing appliance and driven it for 300k miles." comments...

Perfect my man. Perfect.

I like this car, reasonably priced for what it is and will certainly turn some heads.

I'm expecting some unadulterated FCA hate.

Nice car OP, congrats.

Originally Posted by Pelican
Great Car congratulations !!! The last time I drove an Alfa was in the early 60s in Italy and it was a Giulietta 5 speed 2 door, a blast to drive.

I'd give my 1st born (no children :) ) to drive a quadrifoglio just for the sheer exhilaration of it. The problem in the past was to find qualified people to work on them as apparently they needed some specific tool to be able to make adjustments, this may no longer be the case, out of curiosity did you try a Stelvio while there?

I did not try the Stelvio, it too is a beautiful car. We already have the CX-5 which handles our crossover duty/practicality. I was specifically looking at sedans. Runner up was the Daytona 392.

Originally Posted by RamFan
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Nice car, manual or auto?

Auto with paddle shifters.

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
So where exactly does the front license plate go on that... Illinois and all...?

In the trunk
lol.gif

Hope your not in Crapcago,They love to throw parking tickets on cars(in general) with no front plate.
A neighbor gets one on his Pontiac with a front bra at least twice a month,
They shouldn't make those in any other color,beautiful!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver
It might not be as durable as a GM HD work van that people coo about but then again this car won't be used as a commercial vehicle either. I think it will be fine. A lot of it comes down to how it's maintained.

You think? Good PM can't overcome poor engineering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back