Bought a Giulia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't quite prepared to, but due to unforeseen circumstances I pulled the trigger and bought an '18 Giulia Ti Sport. The long of it is that I was rear ended last week in the Monte Carlo. It will likely be deemed a total (though still perfectly drive able) but the insurance company for the other driver is dragging their feet. I've been planning on a new car to replace the Monte for a while now and we had a target date of April '19, so the accident accelerated plans a bit. I was going to hold out anyway, but I learned that the '19 models won't hit the lots until end of November so the small quantity that are left on lots today are all that they'll be getting until then. I'm picky on what I want and didn't want to be in a position of being stuck in a rental for a few months, so we decided to go ahead and bite the bullet. Pending interest rate increases and the ever looming possibility of a tariff also helped in pushing us over the edge.

Now for the fun stuff. I was able to find a model that was almost exactly what I wanted. Only thing missing is the red interior and Ti Leather Package which is simply a leather dash and door panels. Other than that, this is the car I've been dreaming about for months. After a couple phone calls with the dealership we came to an agreement on price, $51k out the door, let the sales lady know I'd be there in 10 minutes to sign paperwork. I've dealt with this particular chain of dealerships before and honestly had no intention on dealing with them again, but, the Alfa Romeo network is small and they happen to be 10 minutes from my office. I have to admit, they were great to deal with and I did thoroughly enjoy the process and being at the dealership chatting with some of the folks while they prepped the car. 2 and a half hours later the car was ready and I headed home. It drives like an absolute dream and I can't wait for the break-in period to be over so I can really throttle down.

I know you're going to ask so here are the specs - Ti Sport AWD, Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat exterior, Yellow Brembos, Black leather interior, Ti Sport Performance Package, Driver Assistance Static Package, Driver Assistance Dynamic Plus Package, Hi Performance Bi-Xenon Headlamps, Harman Kardon audio, Dual-Pane Sunroof, 3D Nav.

I can't believe I own an Italian sports sedan. I grew up in Italy, never once did I think I'd ever be living in America and driving an Alfa Romeo. Truly a surreal feeling.

Giulia.jpg

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Nice car, manual or auto?

Auto with paddle shifters.

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
So where exactly does the front license plate go on that... Illinois and all...?

In the trunk
lol.gif

How nice was your Monte Carlo? That Alpha is sooooo fine...like a Quatroporta I recently saw.

The license plate is set at a "cool angle", (along the crease in the hood?) then held there by 4 tek screws. Fashionable...

BEST of luck with it.

Congrats, you don't see those every day and they don't look like everything else on the road. Even most Bmw's and Mercedes blend in with everything else.

VERY nice!!! I've been considering picking up a RWD Giulia Ti Sport. They are wonderful cars.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Beautiful!

Did you cross shop the Stinger?

Very, very briefly. I have a mental block of spending that sort of money on a Kia, more so than that though, I simply don't find the Stinger that good looking of a car. I know I'm in the minority there, but I just don't see it.

Originally Posted by RamFan
Originally Posted by Leo99
Beautiful!

Did you cross shop the Stinger?

Very, very briefly. I have a mental block of spending that sort of money on a Kia, more so than that though, I simply don't find the Stinger that good looking of a car. I know I'm in the minority there, but I just don't see it.

Me either!

Cue the "How irresponsible- you should have bought a soul-killing appliance and driven it for 300k miles." comments...

You might be the first person on the planet to trade a Monte Carlo in for an Alfa Romeo Giulia. Congratulations.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Cue the "How irresponsible- you should have bought a soul-killing appliance and driven it for 300k miles." comments...

Buy whatever you like. This is a beautiful car. No doubt.

But after complaining about student debt, and buying a couple of new cars, I wonder about the wisdom of this purchase in the OP's case.

Contrary to popular belief on BITOG; debt when taken in an intelligent and well thought out manner, can be a great tool and even grow an individual's wealth long-term.

Does the purchase of this car fit into an intelligent and well thought out manner of growing long term wealth?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Astro14

Contrary to popular belief on BITOG; debt when taken in an intelligent and well thought out manner, can be a great tool and even grow an individual's wealth long-term.

Does the purchase of this car fit into an intelligent and well thought out manner of growing long term wealth?

Wow, had to dig deep for that didn't you? Not getting into this debate with you.

Originally Posted by JamesBond
You might be the first person on the planet to trade a Monte Carlo in for an Alfa Romeo Giulia. Congratulations.

Ha, never really thought about that aspect. There's a good chance you're right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back