Bought a cheap 9mm pistol

This is the first cheap pistol I've bought. My concealed carry is an Sig Sauer P365.
Hey..I totally don't blame you. I have a P365. Truly a great pistol. I put a Crimson trace laser on it. My normal carry is a Ruber LCP Max with 12+1. If I want more I go with my Glock 43X with a Holosun Green dot. I am just a Glock Fanboy and like the solid wall of the trigger.

Looked up some Youtubes on it. Looks like a hell of a gun-you did good.

Congrats on the Purchase. Keep us up to date.

Last edited:
Bought a BRG9 Elite. $190 on sale at Vance Outdoors. It'll be awhile before I shoot it. I no longer go to indoor ranges because I've always seen a dummy mishandling a firearm in one. I'm in my new home on 3 acres and will build a backstop when spring comes.
The firearm comes with a cleaning kit, 2-16 round magazines, 2 addtional different sized backstraps and a magazine loader.

View attachment 136842
resembles the Zigana line made by Tisas in Turkey & imported by SDS Imports in Knoxville, TN; both the Zigana line & this are aesthetically reminiscent of the XD line imported by Springfield Armory; gonna have to research this to see about grabbing one...

It's MSRP is 399.99 so it's not as cheap as people think. I'm sure it's comparable to Citadel,SAR,Girsan,Tisas,Regent,Tristar. I doubt there is a lot of aftermarket support, but hey it's a tool and it will get the job done.

well...watched a few vids on the brg9 & did some thinkin'; ordered one from Vance Outdoors & it should land at a local shop in less than a week; hoping it will be a good choice...

It's MSRP is 399.99 so it's not as cheap as people think. I'm sure it's comparable to Citadel,SAR,Girsan,Tisas,Regent,Tristar. I doubt there is a lot of aftermarket support, but hey it's a tool and it will get the job done.
Nah, MSRP is $249. The OP got it for $190. Check out the link I posted.

So, it IS as cheap as people think.

Can’t get the MSRP wildly wrong and then criticize the gun based on that.

Let us know how it shoots when you get there. Last 'cheap' 9mm I bought was a Remington RP9 when those were a thing and I haven't been particularly impressed by it. Has to have hotter ammo to run reliably, but I doubt I've put over 200rnds through it so maybe it isn't broke in.

Dang, at that price it is a good deal. Well, I hope it’s a good deal, jam-o-matics aren’t so much fun. But cheap enough to find out! You should write down how many hours spent with it, cleaning/shooting/etc. At some point it might be “cheaper” fun than buying tickets to watch an equivalent amount of movies at the local theater, or whatever metric you want to go by.

Wildly cheap. I think in all of us there is a bit of "wow . How can I go wrong. I need to get this"
Let us know how it goes

I’ve owned XD pistols for 20 years. People make fun of them but they have thousands of rounds and are reliable and durable.

This is an XD9 clone, so should be decent enough.

The last XD9 I purchased for less than $300 new.

Bought a BRG9 Elite. $190 on sale at Vance Outdoors. It'll be awhile before I shoot it. I no longer go to indoor ranges because I've always seen a dummy mishandling a firearm in one. I'm in my new home on 3 acres and will build a backstop when spring comes.
The firearm comes with a cleaning kit, 2-16 round magazines, 2 addtional different sized backstraps and a magazine loader.

View attachment 136842

Of course you understand, you are obligated to return and report after putting a couple hundred rounds through it.

Wow!
You might like it better than your Sig, amazing review … and what you paid is way less than the review price which they thought was already great.

Last edited:
sportsman’s outdoor superstore: $212 including tax and free shipping, plus $20 ffl fee.
joeboboutfitters: 3 additional, new, oem, compatible, springfield xd mod2, 16 round mags @$14 each including tax and direct shipping.

brg9 online reviews are stellar.

thank you skyactiv!

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with a pistol that was inexpensive. I’ve learned that the price of a firearm really doesn’t make a huge difference in reliability. Not saying every inexpensive gun is a quality piece but they’re out there. I had forgotten about this BRG9 but looked through one of my old magazines and saw a positive write up on it. Cheaply made is different than inexpensive. A lot of gun makers sell at a premium just because of the nostalgia with the name.
86D05EE6-46FB-42A2-B0AF-F500B7ECDAF0.jpeg
3C3DFFD6-6C14-4438-8021-262C607F838A.jpeg

my experience thusfar with BRG 9 Elite & 2 extra XD 9 mags bought online; @ 175 rounds shot during 1 session...blazer brass 124gr fmj x 100 rds, magtech 115gr fmj x 50rds, sinterfire 100gr solids (frangible) x 10 rds, mixed batch of jhp's x 15 rds...hornady 115gr xtp, sig 115gr v crown, sig 124gr v crown;

soft shooting, easy to control, nice trigger, a few hiccups towards end of session with jhp's...had 2 failures to feed with oem mags; one was sig v crown 124gr with an oem mag & the other was sig v crown 115gr with the other oem mag...both times they failed to go up feed ramp; no issues with factory XD 9 mags...I did note that the BRG 9 mags were easier to load hence lighter poundage springs; not sure if that fact contributed to the ftf's...

addendum to previous post...I found out that a previously owned pistol that I sold (during a financial pinch) was still available; that sell off was a big regret of mine! I decided to reverse the mistake & used the BRG 9 as part of a multiple gun deal to bring my Sig SP2022 & extra mags home...and had extra $$$ to beef up my bank account; I will not disclose prices; my reason for grabbing MY previously owned firearm is simply the piece of mind of knowing how many rounds I put thru it...

Speaking of cheap guns:

A number of years ago I foolishly sold my .380LCP. Several months ago I purchased the LCP Max which holds 12+1. I was at the gun store the other day and picked up a lightly fired LCP for $120. Unfortunately it occasionally fails to extract every 3 mags or so. Rugar slides are a PIA to disassemble so I'll send it back to Rugar. Someone on the Rugar board sent theirs in and got it back with a new slide and barrel. I like the trigger better on the LCP vs the Max so I'll probably carry it plus an extra mag.

Unlike the LCP II (.22) the .380Lcp is usally extremely reliable. I Put several thousand rounds thru my old LCP with zero failures-true story! Why I got rid of it, I'll never know.

Speaking of cheap guns:

A number of years ago I foolishly sold my .380LCP. Several months ago I purchased the LCP Max which holds 12+1. I was at the gun store the other day and picked up a lightly fired LCP for $120. Unfortunately it occasionally fails to extract every 3 mags or so. Rugar slides are a PIA to disassemble so I'll send it back to Rugar. Someone on the Rugar board sent theirs in and got it back with a new slide and barrel. I like the trigger better on the LCP vs the Max so I'll probably carry it plus an extra mag.

Unlike the LCP II (.22) the .380Lcp is usally extremely reliable. I Put several thousand rounds thru my old LCP with zero failures-true story! Why I got rid of it, I'll never know.
I’ve heard mixed stories on the LCP 22lr. Most of the micro 22’s really need CCI mini-mags it seems, and HV at that, in order to reliably cycle. I suspect they also foul up more quickly, not sure why since their full sized Ruger cousins seem to shrug it off, but micro 22’s seem to have less tolerance to getting dirty. JMHO, based off reading too many forum posts. [Been tempted to get one, time to time, so reading forum postings is how I waste time.]

Interesting on your LCP opinions. I just saw a vid about the 380 Security, 15+1, lite rack, which I thought was interesting—but is still larger and more expensive than the LCP / LCP II. I’ve stayed away from LCP just from the recoil complaints, as I can only just handle my LCR, and I don’t think very well at that (357LCR with 38’s, so, for me I think I’m stuck full sized if I can’t handle that recoil).

View attachment 136842
Very nice. You mentioned mishandling firearms. I was in a very large local hunting,fishing sportswear ( I won't mention the store name) a couple weeks ago and some guy had a rifle with a scope and pointed it DIRECTLY AT ME!!! I hid behind a large post in the store for a couple seconds and stepped out and he continued to point it at me for about 15 seconds and then put the gun back in the gun holder. The customer was with a store salesman who was adjusting something on the scope. I walked up to him and gave him a very dirty look. I wish I would have said something to him like " I hope they didn't teach you that in your gun safety course to point guns at people." What an IDIOT.

Back