Bought 2021 Accord Touring 2.0 T

Next oil that would go in if it was my car would be a thick 5w-30. Warranty be dammed. I will gamble the warranty fight on a good name branded 5w-30 use case. But that's just me.

Well, since there's no shortage of suggestions, consider this: Mobil 1's fine. Excellent motor oil, no question. Been using it in Hondas for decades. If, however, you are truly compulsive/obsessive about motor oil, "Toyota Genuine Motor Oil" 0W-20 (sold by your friendly Toyota dealer, of course), is bottled for TM by Exxon-Mobil and has an abundance of MoS2 (800ppm). A clever fellow could swap out the OEM stuff at, say, 5k, leave the MM unchanged, and re-fill the sump with TM's 0W-20. You get the best of both worlds: an early oil change and a boatload of MoS2 for your hot-rod 2-liter motor. (Again, only if you're obsessive/compulsive.)
I want to but a new Honder every time I watch Honda Laura on You tube.

Use honda oil that’s the oil design for that engine plus you under warranty
Honda oil as in Honda branded oil? It's nothing special. Pennzoil / Mobil 1 / Castrol etc. will be better than the Honda branded stuff. It's not a bad oil, but the OTC options at WM are superior for a better price.

Wait, what? You mean it’s not made on the assembly line at the Honda plant in Greensburg, Indiana? Well I’ll be…

J/K of course.

I'd use whatever's reasonably priced, Mobil1 EP 0w-20 is a pretty good deal right now, $24.37 at walmart and there's a $15/jug rebate on up to 2 jugs,.
Not only reasonably priced but it is the official oil of NASCAR!

Accords are made in Marysville OH and Civics made in Indiana, I thought ?
You’re correct, I just used the Greensburg plant since I’m familiar with it. Worked a case for them years ago involving a truck driver who left with a shipment of new Civics that he delivered to a couple dealerships except one that he took back to Milwaukee with him. It didn’t end well for him.

You’re correct, I just used the Greensburg plant since I’m familiar with it. Worked a case for them years ago involving a truck driver who left with a shipment of new Civics that he delivered to a couple dealerships except one that he took back to Milwaukee with him. It didn’t end well for him.

If he really wanted a steal, he should've gone to a certain Chrysler dealer :sneaky:

Hey all, bought new Accord last week. First time having a car with a turbo. Are there any preferred brands of oil for a turbo engine? It’s 0w-20, so I have many choices at WM. Or is it “pick a brand that’s on sale that meets the spec?”

Thanks!
Nice car. Get a tune for it and throw in some sn plus/sp or gf6 5/30

Back