boss gives you 30 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with everyone else. The boss man isn't so much paying you for quality work as much as he is buying time. He doesn't want to loose you right now because he's not prepared to loose you, but be assured, he's getting his ducks in a row.

I also agree wholeheartedly to leave in a professional way. Continue to be dependable, dedicated and hard working. If anything, when you leave at the agreed upon time, you'll walk out with pride.

Best of luck to you
smile.gif

And too, by leaving in a professional manner, should the new job not work out as you had hoped then, maybe you can return to the old job and your current boss would have been fired during that time!
smile.gif

Leave, that 30 seconds counter offer is a used car salesman tactic. Like others said you already accept the new offer and the old place would not be around in 2 years. There is a reason you wanted to leave and $3.5 raise for a short term (forget about the other $3.5 he promised) is not worth the long term gain you can have at the new place.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
I have to agree with everyone else. The boss man isn't so much paying you for quality work as much as he is buying time. He doesn't want to loose you right now because he's not prepared to loose you, but be assured, he's getting his ducks in a row.

I also agree wholeheartedly to leave in a professional way. Continue to be dependable, dedicated and hard working. If anything, when you leave at the agreed upon time, you'll walk out with pride.

Best of luck to you
smile.gif

Once someone else was found, I wouldnt be surprised if ram_man's boss fired him for the new person who was wroking for the original wage.

That's why I informed ram_man that unless his boss signs
a legally binding contract regarding the raise and his staying on the job until the place closes, he should leave
and not bother giving more than a few days notice. The boss
didn't mind insulting ram_man so pay back IS in order, especially since the business isn't going to be around in a few years anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back