Bosch Parts

Anybody with a euro vehicle and doing his/her own maintenance has had interaction with Bosch replacement parts. In my opinion most of the parts Bosch makes are very good and unusually reliable. I've used their filters, ignition parts, brake pads and electronic relays. They mostly cost more but are worth the additional money. No failures ever but I quit using their spark plugs years ago. Denso and NGK are what I use now. BTW, I think most Denso replacement parts are at least as good as Bosch. I've never had such really satisfying experiences with domestic replacement parts.

Do you use Bosch parts?

Depends on which parts. Some Bosch products are made by other companies. For example Bosch batteries are made by Exide in the US.

When the alternator on my 530i went out, I replaced it with a Bosch one. No complaints.

Yes, on the German cars and I will use their universal components (relays, etc.) on the other cars where I am not concerned about originality. I've always had good luck with them.

I do not use their oil filters though, not sure who actually makes them for the US. I am careful to try and buy Bosch made, not just something w/ the brand.

Last edited:
Bosch is pretty much hit or miss. Been that way for a long time. That said, I have a Bosch fuel pump in my '02 Silverado and it's been flawless for about 9 years so far.

I have a Bosch 02 Sensor recently replaced on the 06 Sentra. It's a miss! It is the correct part and does not communicate property so I have the irritating orange light. Just 1 sampling, my mechanic states Densco for Asian car 02 sensors and Bosh for German only.

Had a Bosch fuel pump, Euro made in Czechoslovakia fail inside two years and 20k miles. Was very noisy too. Serval others that owned the same vehicle had the same problem. A miss. Caps/rotors and starters/alternators are 50/50. Bosch used to be the gold standard in replacement parts for a German car. No more.

Had a Bosch fuel pump, Euro made in Czechoslovakia fail inside two years and 20k miles. Was very noisy too. Serval others that owned the same vehicle had the same problem. A miss. Caps/rotors and starters/alternators are 50/50. Bosch used to be the gold standard in replacement parts for a German car. No more.
Of course the Bosch fuel pump I put in my old BMW worked fine for the five years up until I sold it. Same for the Bosch starter which came with two years of free roadside assistance 🙂

So who knows.

The last thing Bosch I installed besides wiper blades was a fuel pump 10 years ago. It was a replacement for an OEM TI/Walbro pump. Made in Brazil.

I have a Bosch 02 Sensor recently replaced on the 06 Sentra. It's a miss! It is the correct part and does not communicate property so I have the irritating orange light. Just 1 sampling, my mechanic states Densco for Asian car 02 sensors and Bosh for German only.
Me too, but on a Dodge, so I replaced it with an NGK and problem solved. Only NGK after that on just about everything and no problems. However, when I used to order caps, rotors and ignition cables for German cars I only wanted Bosch.

Bosch had a sterling reputation "back in the day" with mechanics and DYI'ers wrenching on European cars. Globalization of manufacturing has certainly tarnished their brand. I do like their wipers and plugs for some applications. Had an alternator fail prematurely in a Mercedes 2 years ago.

I've never owned a euro vehicle but I have used Bosch spark plug wires and oil filters with good results.

haven’t used any bosch aftermarket parts except for their oil filters. all euro cars have bosch accessories so i have to use them for starters alts modules etc. main exception is jaguar, they love denso

Back