Bosch Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Originally Posted By: river_rat
I ran this in the filtration test against a Puro Classic and a PureONE...including media close-ups photos. The Bosch Premium is a PureONE..no doubt in my mind. The 99.9% therefore must mean at 20 microns like the P1.

I don't doubt it. I wonder what the Bosch "Distance Plus" is going to be then? Maybe deeper pleats for longer OCIs? I can't really tell from Bosch's website.

Here's the Bosch "Premium" ... doesn't even talk about efficiency % ... but I think the boxes do have some kind of rating on them (?):
http://www.boschautoparts.com/filters/Pages/PremiumOilFilters.aspx

Here's the Bosch "Distance Plus", which shows the 99.9% efficiency and shows a red gasket like the PureONE.
http://www.boschautoparts.com/filters/Pages/DistancePlusOilFilters.aspx

My theory is that the Bosch Premium will become the Purolator Classic clone, and the Distance Plus will become the PureONE clone.

According to the web site, the Distance Plus will hold about 29 grams. The PureOne holds about 13 grams, per their web site. Probably both use similar media, hence the same 99.9% filtering efficiency. The Pureone site specifies at 20 microns, the Distance Plus site does not specify, as already noted.

Distance Plus might be good for those using ARX, MMO, etc for cleaning, in addition to longer OCIs.

Nice testing work, River Rat.

Thank you.

The DP may have more media or something. I want to look at one as soon as they get on the shelf.

PureONE is 99.9% at 20 microns in most sizes. The 14459 our Integra takes is one of the sizes that is 99.9% at 20 microns. The 14610 the RSX takes is NOT a 20 micron filter... although in river_rat's testing, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Originally Posted By: Harley09
Originally Posted By: river_rat
I ran this in the filtration test against a Puro Classic and a PureONE...including media close-ups photos. The Bosch Premium is a PureONE..no doubt in my mind. The 99.9% therefore must mean at 20 microns like the P1.

I don't doubt it. I wonder what the Bosch "Distance Plus" is going to be then? Maybe deeper pleats for longer OCIs? I can't really tell from Bosch's website.

Here's the Bosch "Premium" ... doesn't even talk about efficiency % ... but I think the boxes do have some kind of rating on them (?):
http://www.boschautoparts.com/filters/Pages/PremiumOilFilters.aspx

Here's the Bosch "Distance Plus", which shows the 99.9% efficiency and shows a red gasket like the PureONE.
http://www.boschautoparts.com/filters/Pages/DistancePlusOilFilters.aspx

My theory is that the Bosch Premium will become the Purolator Classic clone, and the Distance Plus will become the PureONE clone.

According to the web site, the Distance Plus will hold about 29 grams. The PureOne holds about 13 grams, per their web site. Probably both use similar media, hence the same 99.9% filtering efficiency. The Pureone site specifies at 20 microns, the Distance Plus site does not specify, as already noted.

Distance Plus might be good for those using ARX, MMO, etc for cleaning, in addition to longer OCIs.

Nice testing work, River Rat.

It is amazing the difference in what they are supposed to be able to hold

The Bosch Premium filter boxes I've bought also said
99.9%, except for the last one I got, it said 98% ?
I bought it at AZ, and thought that it must be
old stock, since it was the only 3323 they had on the shelf.
Could it be new stock ? I do not know, for I have only
used Bosch Premiums for the past year........jr

Originally Posted By: Ringo

Interesting ... could be the Bosch Premium is morphing into the Purolator Classic's twin (it's @ 97.5%, which rounds to 98%), and the new Bosch Extended will be the PureONE clone, but maybe a little better because it holds more debris (? - theory only).

I think it is old stock. I bought two filters two years ago and it said 98%.I bought one about 6 months ago and it said 99.9%.

Originally Posted By: Ringo

Interesting ... could be the Bosch Premium is morphing into the Purolator Classic's twin (it's @ 97.5%, which rounds to 98%), and the new Bosch Extended will be the PureONE clone, but maybe a little better because it holds more debris (? - theory only).

Wonder how many people will get Bosch Extended (DistancePlus) and Fram Extended (Guard) confused
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Wonder how many people will get Bosch Extended (DistancePlus) and Fram Extended (Guard) confused
wink.gif

I can't even remember the new name. If I call tomorrow to see if they got any in yet, I'll still draw a blank...
33.gif

I agree with you that it is old stock.
I do not think Bosch would advertise that
the Premium line of filters are less efficient.
If they were, I would think that Bosch would
just remove the rating number from the box....jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back