Bosch Brakes

Gone are the days of ATE being the OEM supplier for VW. I miss those days. I could get well over 100k on pads and rotors were turned and close to another 100k before they were trash. 13" wheels and 2500lb cars helped too...

I did brakes 4x on a 2013 outback.. my favorite was the raybestos element 3.. Although I had to grind the pad ears slightly didnt like the super tight fit... 15s each end fixed that.

I’ve installed 3 sets of Bosch pads between an older Lexus LS400(1st gen 1990-1994 model), a Forester(3rd gen 2009-2013) and a 2nd gen Explorer. Except for pad clunk on the Lexus, common on Toyotas with some aftermarket brake pads the Bosch pads worked fine. I’d install them over Wagner or Indian(BrakeBest, Wearever or Duralast) pads.

For some reason, Toyotas don’t like any brake pad that isn’t OE(Advics/Sumitomo, NBK or Akebono) or aftermarket Akebono. They tend to shift in the caliper bracket, and the clunk is most evident when the car is backing up and at low speed.

These were the PerfectStop line from Auto Value/Parts Master affiliates. Which I believe are reboxed QuietCast.

“For some reason, Toyotas don’t like any brake pad that isn’t OE(Advics/Sumitomo, NBK or Akebono) or aftermarket Akebono. They tend to shift in the caliper bracket, and the clunk is most evident when the car is backing up and at low speed.”

I found that out when I couldn’t get Bosch parts for my wife’s Avalon. Rear pads from A1 would not stop grinding or bouncing when reversing or turning corners. Went to Akebono and the silence is golden.

“For some reason, Toyotas don’t like any brake pad that isn’t OE(Advics/Sumitomo, NBK or Akebono) or aftermarket Akebono. They tend to shift in the caliper bracket, and the clunk is most evident when the car is backing up and at low speed.”

I found that out when I couldn’t get Bosch parts for my wife’s Avalon. Rear pads from A1 would not stop grinding or bouncing when reversing or turning corners. Went to Akebono and the silence is golden.
I never had issues on Prado or Sienna using EBC, Pagid.
I wouldn’t use OE if someone paid me.

Back