Bosch 3332 Cut Open - Media Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut open the Bosch 3332 Filter I ran on the GMC Sierra last winter (from 12/2014 thru 3/2015). Had roughly 4000 miles on it. One pleat is torn at the endcap adhesive on both ends. Pic below shows the tear on one end. The tear at the other end is very similar.

Bosch%203222%20Oil%20Filter%20Tear_zpsh01nlzsg.jpg

What's the date code on the can? Chalk up one more for the tearing record.

Did you have your filter cutting certification in place before you opened that bad boy up? You know you'll be asked to provide this by the unofficial Purolator spokespersons.

Thanks for the C&P. There is never an excuse for media tearing after a 4k OCI.

Just wait the company paid purolovers will be chiming in soon arguing that they can't see a hole in the pic and or you did it on purpose and it was ran too long. Pics don't lie. Everything puro makes is complete garbage except the synthetic which hasn't been tampered with yet by puro r&d

This is why my vehicles are not going to use Motorcraft filters, the design is excellent but I have seen enough tears now in Purolator filters (including Motorcraft) to be concerned. I used Bosch Plus and PureONE regularly on my last vehicle so I am not a anti-Purolator person.

There are plenty of other quality brands that don't end up on BITOG with torn media.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Did you have your filter cutting certification in place before you opened that bad boy up? You know you'll be asked to provide this by the unofficial Purolator spokespersons.

grin.gif

The rest of the filter still filtered see how oil dark it is? I don't see any tear really no matter how hard I try. It's a myth, with forged documentation. I am always right. People thinking like me feel the same about certain birth certificates.

And another one bites the dust... queue the music.

I can't believe there are those still willing to use puro made filters. The flip side is I am glad there are so we can continue to see the inside of these POS's.

Originally Posted By: webfors
I can't believe there are those still willing to use puro made filters. The flip side is I am glad there are so we can continue to see the inside of these POS's.

Well stay tuned.............this weekend I'll be changing out a Bosch 3312 in my daughter's Kia Soul with close to 10k on it, run with Havoline syn, mostly highway miles. I'll be sure to cut it open and post the pics for all to see. And btw when I put the filter in back in Dec I hadn't heard this was a filter prone to tearing ( I didn't even know it was puro made), I was thinking it was solid. We shall see.

Originally Posted By: sir1900

Thanks for the C&P. There is never an excuse for media tearing after a 4k OCI.

And who exactly are you referring to? The only unofficial, non site sponsered spokesperson that I know of doesn't work for Purolator.

Originally Posted By: tratman2000
Just wait the company paid purolovers will be chiming in soon arguing that they can't see a hole in the pic and or you did it on purpose and it was ran too long. Pics don't lie. Everything puro makes is complete garbage except the synthetic which hasn't been tampered with yet by puro r&d

This is a ridiculous angle. No one here that enjoys Purolator products are paid. There is one however that is from another company...

Why do you feel the need to make personal attacks on people such as CaptBarkey and myself? It must be Puro-envy. Or perhaps a sense of belonging? Either way, personal attacks do nothing but hurt your credibility.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
This would only be news if the filter DIDN'T tear.

Again, this is ridiculous. Go back and look at how many Bosch filters have been tear free. You may be surprised.

Originally Posted By: webfors
And another one bites the dust... queue the music.

Except the many that dont tear really throw a wrench in that equation eh? When will you guys get it in your collective brain that the majority of these filters are just fine.

Oh and your signature says that you also use those POS's. Hypocrisy much?
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: jk_636
When will you guys get it in your collective brain that the majority of these filters are just fine.
What about the ones which are not--like the one in this post?

Right, buy Purolator! According to jk_636, there's a pretty good chance you'll get one that does what it's supposed to! Why buy a filter that hasn't shown any failures, when you can get a Rip-o-lator that might do its job?

15.gif
11.gif
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I have a feeling that 10k Bosch will look worse but who knows it should be interesting.

My thought as well. One of two things will happen a) it will be all torn up and I'll say I'll never buy another and over-generalize or b) it'll be just fine and I'll tune out all the BITOG chatter and over-generalize. lol

In all seriousness, I'd love to find out a basic filter like this will last just fine a lot longer than we tend to think. Kind of like have 30k rated tires that last for 50k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back