Not open for further replies.
Bojangles' Southern 500

Darlington Raceway
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #25 of 36

Sunday, September 1, 2019
Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 6:15pm/et
Laps/Stages: 367 laps total. Stages end on laps: 100/200/367

TELEVISION / RADIO / STREAMING

Television Coverage: Time 6:00pm/et, NBCSN and streamed at NBC Sports Live (available with participating TV provider login)
Radio Coverage (over the air and streaming): Motor Racing Network (MRN) / SiriusXM Satellite NASCAR (available with subscription)

Playoff clinch scenarios

Tire: Goodyear Eagle Speedway Radials

Set limits:
Cup: 3 sets for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 14 sets for the race (13 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying or practice)

Tire Codes:
Left-side - D-4928; Right-side - D-4930

Tire Circumference:
Left-side - 2,227 mm (87.68 in.);
Right-side - 2,248 mm (88.50 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front - 19 psi; Left Rear - 19 psi;
Right Front - 52 psi; Right Rear - 48 psi

Throwback Tires - Goodyear throws back with early- to mid-‘90s tire markings: In support of Darlington's throwback initiative, the Goodyear tires run at this weekend's races will feature a different sidewall design than teams normally run . . . with the track targeting the early 1990s, Goodyear is running its era specific "Goodyear #1" and "Eagle" markings on the sidewalls . . . this branding began in 1992 and marked Goodyear's move from white letters to the now standard yellow.

Throwback paint scheme page

starting by row.jpg

darlington-pit-stalls-625x340.jpg

To the rear: #10-Almirola (backup car) #18-Busch (engine change), #27-Nemechek (unapproved adjustments), #51-McLeod (unapproved adjustments), #77-Sorenson (transmission change)

Air Titans are on track now due to some thunderstorms in the area. No official announcement of a delayed start yet.

Originally Posted by Warstud
I think if they can't start the race by 8:00 EST it will be postponed until Monday.

No way if window opens up and think it will it's going to be a late one with a Hurricane on the way. This one going to go 1 to 2 in the morning or later

There are issues with postponing until Monday due to the hurricane. They need to get it in tonight. They have the Air Titans and jet dryers out now.

I'll just say I've seen some of these late ones and they can end up to be some wild ones.

Cars rolling!! I went to get dinner around 6PM Best Coast time and had the scanner playing on my phone. When I heard the Race Director say "5 minutes until invocation and anthem" I had to quick get a box to get home.

Originally Posted by dave123
Originally Posted by Warstud
I think if they can't start the race by 8:00 EST it will be postponed until Monday.

No way if window opens up and think it will it's going to be a late one with a Hurricane on the way. This one going to go 1 to 2 in the morning or later

Not caring about night races running late is a perk of living in California.

Stage 1 Top 10:

1. Kurt Busch
2. Johnson
3. Larson
4. Kyle Busch
5. Hamlin
6. Elliott
7. Keselowski
8. Logano
9. Truex Jr.
10. Jones

free pass is the 15 car.

Caution lap 140, the 6 car spun in turn 1 and 2 with some help from the 41. The 77 was slow the lap prior and entered the pit lane. Free pass to the 36.

Lap 172, the 22 car cut a right rear and is pitting under green. Spotters checking the track for debris, so far all clear. Rejoins 2 laps down but is the first car not on the lead lap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back