BMW Returning to Castrol

I have to check our local dealership to see.
What oil you are getting for N55, B48/58?
We used to only get bulk 0W20 in our tanks. The 0W30 came in 55 gallon drums. We just got our first shipment of the 0W30 in our bulk tank. That’s what the truck was delivering.

No idea. Guy just said he was “filling the 0W30”. Although most of the newer B engines use the 0W20. Whatever that is.

The previous barrels of 0W30 did say LL01FE on them.
I mean, Castrol can produce FE oil for BMW. But I am wondering if 0W30 is their A3 oil, which would be excellent.

My E90 has "BMW recommends Castrol" on the oil fill cap. That has had zero influence on what oil to run in it, even though it does currently have Castrol 0w40. :cool:
My Indy shop owner who is now retired told me his first job with Mercedes in the 80’s was putting Mobil 1 stickers under the hood of all new cars when they arrived.

My Indy shop owner who is now retired told me his first job with Mercedes in the 80’s was putting Mobil 1 stickers under the hood of all new cars when they arrived.
even in the 2000s they were still doing that. my E55 had this sticker. still available as a genuine part for $7.99

03EA168E-6C85-47CE-AD4C-F838CE75D24E.jpeg

press release made it official about 2 weeks ago, anyone get the new stuff or data sheets anywhere?

Back