BMW parts in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found a reliable supplier of BMW (OEM type) parts based in Canada? I'm looking for Mahle, Hengst, Mann etc oil and air filters and similar general maintenance parts. I could get them at the local BMW dealership except "they sure knows how to charge".

There are many reliable sources in the US but shipping costs and customs duties make a US-based supplier less desirable.

Originally Posted by ecotourist
Has anyone found a reliable supplier of BMW (OEM type) parts based in Canada? I'm looking for Mahle, Hengst, Mann etc oil and air filters and similar general maintenance parts. I could get them at the local BMW dealership except "they sure knows how to charge".

There are many reliable sources in the US but shipping costs and customs duties make a US-based supplier less desirable.

That kind of stuff (oil, air and cabin filters) I usually get from Amazon. Is that expensive for you too? They have Hengst and the other brands I buy.

Originally Posted by kschachn
That kind of stuff (oil, air and cabin filters) I usually get from Amazon. Is that expensive for you too? They have Hengst and the other brands I buy.

Prices on Amazon and several sites in the US seem very fair but the cost of shipping to Canada and all of the associated commotion at the border (duty, sales taxes and handling charges) make shipping from the US problematic. For example a well known supplier in the US estimated that shipping an oil filter, engine air filter and 2 cabin filters for my BMW (all well priced, about $50 worth of stuff) to Canada would cost over $50. And that's before duty, sales taxes, and handling charges - and the potential commotion.

So you can see why a similar source in Canada would be better.

Rock Auto is usually a good deal even after the shipping and Canadian taxes and customs. Several Canadians on here use Rock Auto

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Rock Auto is usually a good deal even after the shipping and Canadian taxes and customs. Several Canadians on here use Rock Auto

That's very true. I don't know how Rock Auto does it, but thier shipping costs to Canada are better than amazon.com and the least expensive of any US based online shopping that I've ever done. ECS Tuning have great selection but the worst shipping rates to Canada. FCP Euro is a bit more reasonable, but Rock Auto is the best deal, by far.

Originally Posted by PFP
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

That's very true. I don't know how Rock Auto does it, but thier shipping costs to Canada are better than amazon.com and the least expensive of any US based online shopping that I've ever done. ECS Tuning have great selection but the worst shipping rates to Canada. FCP Euro is a bit more reasonable, but Rock Auto is the best deal, by far.

I just had a look at the RockAuto site and their prices seem very reasonable. It looks like a good lead. I'll check out the cost of shipping to Canada in the morning.

It's been a long day. We've just finished 36 hours without power (after a big windstorm) and have been out partying all evening - in celebration I suppose, though it wasn't planned that way.

I'm in Canada and service our 4 BMWs almost completely from Rockauto. You have to try and get all the parts from the same warehouse is the key ( there's a little truck on the screen to let you know). I also order more than 1 of a filter at a time. For instance I just ordered 12 oil filters, 4 cabin filters, 4 engine filters. This way I don't have to pay shipping over and over and for things as light as filters shipping is cheap.

Rock Auto carries the Mahle and Mann filters. Plus, they charge GST but not British Columbia PST. Shipping to BC starts at about $12 CDN for about 4 to 6 oil filters, then climbs about a buck a filter after that. My stuff seems to get trucked to Calgary from Wisconsin then mailed to me, and for larger packages, is couriered to Cranbrook and the local courier, Dakota, brings it out to my rural home.

Watch for clearance prices or get on their notification program. Plus, you get a cool collector fridge magnet with most orders. Rock Auto Rocks!
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back