BMW Financial only gave me 6 days

I bought a 2023 BMW R1250 GS Adventure on January 14th. I financed it through BMW Financial and the dealer told me they will send me a welcome packet in the mail. I received this packet on February 7th. I looked at the due date of my first payment and it was February 13th, wow thanks for the lead time. I use online bill pay through my CU and they already had BMW Financial in their system for electronic payment. The payment went through one day later and it did clear on the 8th on the BMW account. I could also use a debit card for payment, which I was planning to if the CU bill pay took longer then 3 days. After doing some research on BMW Financial, it seems they’re not known for being top quality company. I went with them because they had a competitive rate and BMW had a $750 rebate if financed through them.

In before I should’ve

1. Paid cash
2. Don’t buy it because we’re in a recession
3. BMW’s are money pits

Congrats Im sure the bike will be great.

Your first payment was due exactly 30 days after you left with the new bike.

I had no prob with BMW financial.

MB and I had a beef because I had to start paying for a van that I didn't actually have.

I have an old one. Looks just like this. I don't ride anymore. You should have bought mine instead. Has way more cachet than the new ones.

R75.jpg

I bought a 2023 BMW R1250 GS Adventure on January 14th. I financed it through BMW Financial and the dealer told me they will send me a welcome packet in the mail. I received this packet on February 7th. I looked at the due date of my first payment and it was February 13th, wow thanks for the lead time. I use online bill pay through my CU and they already had BMW Financial in their system for electronic payment. The payment went through one day later and it did clear on the 8th on the BMW account. I could also use a debit card for payment, which I was planning to if the CU bill pay took longer then 3 days. After doing some research on BMW Financial, it seems they’re not known for being top quality company. I went with them because they had a competitive rate and BMW had a $750 rebate if financed through them.

In before I should’ve

1. Paid cash
3. BMW’s are money pits
Have you called up BMW FS and asked why the due date was 6 days and if there was a way to change bill dates?

After reading the reviews about them and most of the reviews mentioning the people answering the phones for them are incompetent and rude, I didn’t. They received the first payment, so my job is done for now.

Congrats Im sure the bike will be great.

Your first payment was due exactly 30 days after you left with the new bike.

I had no prob with BMW financial.

MB and I had a beef because I had to start paying for a van that I didn't actually have.

I’m fine with that if they gave me an account number from the start and an address where to send the payment to. I had to wait for them to send me this information in a timely matter, which they didn’t.

I wouldnt be so upset if I bought a bike and a month later got the bill with only a few days left to pay it. I would look at it as a snafu that I was expecting it anyway and just pay the thing. It certainly would not ruin my experience of buying a beautiful bike and it is a beautiful bike. You got a competitive rate and $750 and well ... I dont know... not something that would bother me but we are all different.
The inconvenience was no lead time to get the bill paid.

After reading the reviews about them and most of the reviews mentioning the people answering the phones for them are incompetent and rude, I didn’t. They received the first payment, so my job is done for now.

I’m fine with that if they gave me an account number from the start and an address where to send the payment to. I had to wait for them to send me this information in a timely matter, which they didn’t.

I get it, I just have lower expectations.
In an ideal world you'd have walked out of finance with enough info to pay from day 1.
The 6 day timeframe wouldnt bother me and Id expect something like this my first bill, buy I typically get the account info and set up electronic payment right away.

The bike sounds great, eager to hear what you think.

In before I should’ve

1. Paid cash
3. BMW’s are money pits
So the packet was received bout a week prior to when the first payment was due?

When was it postmarked?

I've never had a problem with BMWFS and my wife just received her packet about a week before the first payment was due.

Last edited:
I get it, I just have lower expectations.
In an ideal world you'd have walked out of finance with enough info to pay from day 1.
The 6 day timeframe wouldnt bother me and Id expect something like this my first bill, buy I typically get the account info and set up electronic payment right away.

The bike sounds great, eager to hear what you think.

I test rode one last summer at a BMW demo event and knew I would own it one day. I did test ride a Triumph Tiger 1200 right before I bought the BMW and liked it. I didn’t like the throttle response. There was no middle ground between light throttle and full throttle. The BMW boxer is linear all the way through the rev range. My bike has the factory low suspension and the Tiger doesn’t come with that option in the 1200.

I didn’t check the postmark on the letter. I would hate to be the people out there that still write checks for bills and don’t have a debit card. Those people probably would be late on their first payment.

E8335B85-BB2E-42AB-9C24-300C9DCC35A3.jpeg

I’d be annoyed. Not enough time to make sure the payment gets there in time.

I miss coupon books. On long loans I would occasionally make two payments—if anything ever happened, didn’t matter, I could never be late.

Online payment though is nice, certainly faster. Just don’t use Ally, I think that was the bank. Would have to change password every 90 days, but then, it would be locked for a day. Hated that loan provider. Been avoiding loans since.

you should have gone Jack Nicholson chicken salad sandwich on them. I did when the hospital collections says we owe $16k because my son was born on the 13th and his birth cert was issued on the 25th. They claimed he was uninsured when he was born and we owe charges prior to the 25th

usually auto loans have 10 day grace and I would have set a reminder to pay it
I bet a quick phone call with over the phone debit card or electronic check would have sorted out the first payment.

I just spend 3.5 hours on the phone 6 calls between my insurance and summa hospital billing.
they somehow fubar'ed my one bill and told me I owed for the whole thing.
Insurance said we never got that one.
hospital had a rejection notice.

Now THAT is an inconvenience.

Back