BMW E90 Ceramic Brake pads?

Forgot to mention those tube connectors on the other end can be stubborn and refuse to separate as well.

Grit can penetrate and add friction, and the vacuum effect from coupling two tubes together, like a syringe and plunger, also adds resistance.

I think I applied a bit of grease the last time I did a brake job to ease removal in the future.

I didn't like the ST Sport pads or the Hawk 5.0 for the Evo. The ST Sport pads held up better than the Hawk 5.0 but barely; the ST Sport pads started fading very noticeably at the end of a second 80-to-almost-0 stop and by the third stop, I lost confidence in them and changed them out a week later. A friend of mine used an almost new set on the track and demolished the pads by the end of the day. Probably fine for AutoX and the street though for it's low operating temperature. The EBC Yellows were way better than both, near OEM feel (OEM Brembo pads made by Ferodo and is close to DS2000/2500 performance) and surprisingly only squealed once for the 2 sets that I had. They dusted like an abandoned 200 year old house but that was a compromise I was willing to take.
The HPS 5.0 were awful on my Mazda. They had zero initial bite in the wet or cold and ate the rotors faster than the OEM pad. They were less dusty than the OEM pad and that’s the only good thing I can say about them.

I installed the Raybestos element 3 brake pads 2 weeks and 100 miles ago. No highway miles

I honestly don't feel any change to the braking. Maybe I got used to it, IDK. I have no issue stopping

No dust and no squeals

bmw1.jpg
bmw2.jpg

Back