Bluetooth Speakers for Laptop

I did say 3.5 mm. :)
Yes you did. Moot point though as the headphones don't work in the jack. At this point, I don't know what the problem is, and it's not a good time to dig into it. Regardless, I learned something about my computer, and that's a good thing.

Speaking of equalizer, some portable BT speakers come with an app that allows you to tweak the EQ right through your phone.

This Anker Soundcore Motion+ is one of them:

Review on rtings:

93ff5eb719145bd772c78fdb57475b6d94626bc6.png
my uncle used to dj waaaay back in the day and once told me a good eq should resemble a smily face.

behringer-fbq800-ultra-compact-9-band-graphic-equalizer-with-fbq-820-500x500.png

my uncle used to dj waaaay back in the day and once told me a good eq should resemble a smily face.

behringer-fbq800-ultra-compact-9-band-graphic-equalizer-with-fbq-820-500x500.png
True, to some degree - at low volumes, human hearing is deficient in very low as well as very high frequency ranges, so boosting these frequencies may be of some benefit. However the main benefit of an EQ is to compensate for those frequency areas where your system is lacking, and this will vary greatly depending on the particular system as well as the room in which it is placed.

Which one do you have now?

Anyway, take a look at this Anker one:

In addition to Bluetooth, it also has aux input, so you can wire it directly to your computer and potentially achieve better sound quality.
I have that speaker and it doesnt have all that much bass. However if it's too much for you maybe you can adjust it like was mentioned. What laptop do you have and what operating system does it have ?

True, to some degree - at low volumes, human hearing is deficient in very low as well as very high frequency ranges, so boosting these frequencies may be of some benefit. However the main benefit of an EQ is to compensate for those frequency areas where your system is lacking, and this will vary greatly depending on the particular system as well as the room in which it is placed.
Or be like Bose and tune everything to be heavy in the mid-lows and target the older crowd who tends to lose hearing for the highs. 🙄

Or be like Bose and tune everything to be heavy in the mid-lows and target the older crowd who tends to lose hearing for the highs. 🙄
Not defending Bose, but general pop and rock and classical recordings tend to be deficient in Bass, and there can be phase cancellation of lower midrange and upper bass so BOSE are compensating for that to get a more realistic tone balance in the home.

As far as highs go, they use cone tweeters in their 2-way designs that typically do not have the failings of 1" soft dome that have breakup resonances and those peaks in the 7 - 12k range. Fried eggs may have good dispersion but they have many more problems than they solve.

I figured out why the headphones I have didn't work, and now I can use them. They are more comfortable than I thought they'd be, and the sound quality compared to the Bluetooth speaker I now have is much superior. For now, I'm content. Thanks again for all the suggestions and advice.

Back