Blue Ray Players w/ Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Tdbo has decided that she wants to watch Acorn TV.
Thus, the need to find a device that supports such programming.
I have looked at a Roku (which supports it.) I would have to buy a Roku 2 because between the surround, a TiVo, and a Wii, I do not have a spare HDMI port on my TV to hook the current Roku to, which requires a HDMI port. As is my luck, neither TiVo or the Wii support Acorn TV.
In thinking about this, I decided that what do I need another dedicated streaming device for, when I could buy a Blu Ray player with streaming (which I do not have) and replace my current DVD player, and at least have a multiple purpose device for the same or less cost.
Therefore, my question is: does anyone know of a Blu Ray player with streaming that supports Acorn TV?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Maybe you could hook something up with Y Pr Pb?

Yup, he could buy an HDMI to Component cable.

Alternatively, as the other poster suggested, get an HDMI switch or a proper HDMI-switching A/V receiver.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Maybe you could hook something up with Y Pr Pb?

The Roku 2 hooks up using A/V cables. The newer model requires a HDMI cable.

Just checked my new Samsung BD-F7500 Smart Blu-ray player. It does not have Acorn, but I Googled it and a press release indicates that Acorn is "working with" the big electronics companies to get the streaming service added.

Does your surround receiver have no HDMI switching capabilities?

Originally Posted By: dparm
Just checked my new Samsung BD-F7500 Smart Blu-ray player. It does not have Acorn, but I Googled it and a press release indicates that Acorn is "working with" the big electronics companies to get the streaming service added.

Does your surround receiver have no HDMI switching capabilities?

We have a Sony with the DVD carousel built in to the surround. I would need to add a hub to tie it in. I was looking at the Roku 2 because I could patch that unit in with A/V cords. My real problem with the Roku is that I don't see us using it beyond accessing Acorn. However, a blue ray (which we do not have) would be a more usable piece. I had read the same statement about they were "working with" manufacturers, I was curious as to whether or not someone had signed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back