blower motor brand?

Which brand blower motor for a 2006 Liberty? I think the Mopar one is out, being 4x the cost.

1671835482132.jpg

I have a similar thread on this - short version - I bought a VDO for my Xterra a couple years back - it was squealing in 6 months. Rock Auto wouldn't honor the warranty for reasons unknown - didn't even get an RMA.

I bought OEM in my case - no further issues.

If the replacement job is a PIA get the Mopar.
I'd definitely factor the labor (even my own) like that. If it's an easy job, I'd consider that I could replace 3+ of the other brands for the price of the Mopar one. I've bought a few TYC bits for Hondas and have no complaints. VDO/Continental is an OEM supplier for a lot of brands and generally makes quality stuff too.

I'd definitely factor the labor (even my own) like that. If it's an easy job, I'd consider that I could replace 3+ of the other brands for the price of the Mopar one. I've bought a few TYC bits for Hondas and have no complaints. VDO/Continental is an OEM supplier for a lot of brands and generally makes quality stuff too.

Really? Other than gauges (VDO) and rubber (Conti), what else do they OEM on domestic vehicles?

I was under the impression that VDO blower motors were just rebadged [something]....like maybe Four Seasons?

Sometimes in situations like this I seriously consider used OEM, figuring it's still likely to outlast cheap aftermarket. I see them starting at $55 and up on Ebay....possibly less. Just look at pics closely to be sure it's OEM and not a used aftermarket

Really? Other than gauges (VDO) and rubber (Conti), what else do they OEM on domestic vehicles?
TPMS, for sure. The ones I bought actually had Continental's name on the FCC ID plate. Oh, my Nissan/Infiniti key fob had a Continental circuit board as well. Again, with their FCC ID (saw when installing the battery). I thought they made some engine sensors as well but could be wrong.

If you want to keep the vehicle indefinitely/a really long time, I'd probably spring for the Mopar unless it's super easy to access. On my Fords a blower motor usually requires moving some stuff out of the way like the washer/coolant tank, cruise control thing, maybe other things they decided to put wherever. That said, I've never had a problem from VDO or Four Seasons branded products. Make sure to vacuum out the housing it sits in if there isn't a cabin filter. When I replaced it in my Ranger the most time consuming part of the job was vacuuming out the evaporator box and digging around in it with zip ties and plastic forks and stuff. The AC worked so much better afterwards.

I agree with 4seasons, but I also went with TYC on the civic and scion, much more air than the oem/stock unit. I noticed TYC made their blades a little longer and wider than stock, moves more air! I did have a problem with one unit and TYC warrantied/replaced it. No problem since.

I put a VDO/Continental one in my Tahoe, has been working well for the past few weeks. No complaints.
I got a VDO for my w124 some months ago. It’s still Chinese generic, and it doesn’t blow the range of flow rates that the OE one did. And it is slightly unbalanced.

B73D1013-368E-4B83-AAB8-169F2105A456.jpeg

The brushes are undersized compared to the OE one.

I wouldn’t buy VDO again personally.

The VDO one that I just replaced to replace the previous VDO one that went completely out is making noise at low speeds and it's not been in there that long. Luckily it's easy to replace and has a lifetime warranty. I have a VDO in one of my trucks and it's noisy at low speed and has been from the beginning.

OEM is usually the best if available and you want to pay the cost.

I could swear I put a blower motor in a GMT400 from O'Reilly. I think it was Murray but when I took it out of the box the sticker on the part was VDO.

Based upon this I determined VDO is low quality Chinese junk, but I suppose the opposite reasoning could also be true: VDO makes good stuff and it was a bargain at O'Reilly prices and re-sold as a Murray.

I dunno......

I could swear I put a blower motor in a GMT400 from O'Reilly. I think it was Murray but when I took it out of the box the sticker on the part was VDO.

Based upon this I determined VDO is low quality Chinese junk, but I suppose the opposite reasoning could also be true: VDO makes good stuff and it was a bargain at O'Reilly prices and re-sold as a Murray.

I dunno......
Probably true. VDO likely repackages stuff from different sources. Never thought of them as a big blower motor company, though I uspect
If I looked hard through my MB cars I’d find more than just gauges.

I dunno......
The VDO blower that I put in my 98 Chevy 1 ton truck was from O'Reilly's. It hasn't failed yet but it's noisy at low speed.

Consider repairing the OE motor (as in does it need new brushes?). Also no junkyard near you?
We also need to know how hard it is to replace this blower motor.

Reactions: D60
Back