Blizzak WS90

I have news for you. Alps are in France, Italy, Austria, Lichtenstein (?), Slovenia (?), Germany and Switzerland.
Each has a different law. Winter tires are a must at least in Germany.

Krzyś
“Urban winter” Montenegro, Dinaric (South) Alps.
35996192-797E-4C80-B8B0-AC28D7CF95CF.jpeg

I have news for you. Alps are in France, Italy, Austria, Lichtenstein (?), Slovenia (?), Germany and Switzerland.

Krzyś
you have no news for me. i have lived in europe for a year and a half. if you want to teach geography, try someone else.

What?
Any sources?

Krzyś
Come to Eu and you will find out, different winter tires for different climates/markets. I Live in northern EU, i travel alot. And Stormgol definitive knows what he's talking about. I remember when i was in Berlin in 2011 in December when they had a dump of snow, traffic just stopped...total chaos

Krzyś
In some European countries, on some roads, the use of tyre chains is recommended and even mandatory. You can encounter traffic signs indicating mandatory tyre chains in the steep mountain regions of Austria and Switzerland, for example. In other places, simply having the tyre chains in the car will be sufficient.

In some European countries, on some roads, the use of tyre chains is recommended and even mandatory. You can encounter traffic signs indicating mandatory tyre chains in the steep mountain regions of Austria and Switzerland, for example. In other places, simply having the tyre chains in the car will be sufficient.

Sufficient as long as you don't cause any issues like accidents or blocking the road....

I just put Blizzak WS90s on the KIA yesterday - we live 12 mins from a ski mountain and the primary driver skis about 80 days per season both there and at other mountains. Obviously, I have no data on how they perform in the snow but I have to say surprisingly smooth during my test drive.

Good tire. There are better IMO, but they are top contender.
I have them on Tiguan and just installed them on BMW and I ski twice a week, so see a lot of white stuff on really steep roads.
They are right now best buy of top brands. You can go cheap like Hankook junk, but you get what you pay.
In most Tire test ( summer, winter, all season) that I've seen Hankook is right up there. Why is Hankook junk in your opinion?

Tyre Reviews on YT, guy does just about the most comprehensive tire tests that anyone can do, I suggest to anyone looking for good tires to check him out.
He basically does tire lab test, not butt test or i think this is or should be better because I would like it to be

no. i d'ont live in germany, nor europe, nor any people in north america. what matters to me are tests done in the harsh conditions where i live. and the APA is just that. europe is europe and north america is just that: north america.

The APA should show some actual test data (or test scores) in some graphs or charts. Providing a 3 to 5 sentence summary of the test results for each tire is not that useful. And a more detailed description of their test methodology would also be appreciated.

I wonder if the sibling FirestoneWinterforce2 has some of that Bridgestone DNA. Its also cheaper than the Blizzaks(one of my favorite snow tires).

Adjust tire PSI as needed. I ran my Blizzaks at 35+psi depending on vehicle when roads were clear. Once it started snowing, the PSI was dropped to 28-30 for the foul weather, and PSI bumped back up/down as needed. The PSI helped reduce snow tire squishiness when not in snow.

Regardless, its not a performance tire and one should not expect any snow tire to excel on dry roads for autocross maneuvers.
No. They don’t have the dual compound of blizzard WS tires

Tyre Reviews on YT, guy does just about the most comprehensive tire tests that anyone can do, I suggest to anyone looking for good tires to check him out.
He basically does tire lab test, not butt test or i think this is or should be better because I would like it to be
Part of his scoring is a butt test, but based on blind testing. He doesn’t know which tire he is driving on until afterwards when he compares his feelings with the tire order

Part of his scoring is a butt test, but based on blind testing. He doesn’t know which tire he is driving on until afterwards when he compares his feelings with the tire order
This is subjective part of his test only, everything else is seconds and meters/ feet, noise Lvl in dB, etc

His test of sumer / all season / winter tires in temp below 7c was done in controlled environment.
By far the most comprehensive test, that we ( general public) have access to

you live in florida and use winter tires? just asking politely. the firestone winterforce 2 are adequate winter tires. perfect for florida :LOL: not for northern quebec. they are good for urban winter.
The winter force has the characteristics you said are important….deep tread depth, 12/32” (9.5mm) and they are also studdable, though the tire installer has to install pin studs, not specially shaped studs like from Nokian, Gislaved, etc

This is subjective part of his test only, everything else is seconds and meters/ feet, noise Lvl in dB, etc

His test of sumer / all season / winter tires in temp below 7c was done in controlled environment.
By far the most comprehensive test, that we ( general public) have access to
Which contradicts what you claimed about the Tyre Reviews YouTube channel tests

Back