Bleeding the brakes on my ‘17 Civic

Finally, after 7.5yrs and 80k miles I’ve decided it’s time bleed my brakes (I know - long overdue, and it’s the only fluid in the car that hasn’t been replaced yet). Decided to order one of the pressure bleeders - SpeediBleed in particular. And I have to say, that thing is awesome. Took me around 1.5hrs and 1l bottle of break fluid. As per Honda manual, due to electronic parking brake, rear needs to bled twice - first time, then 5 times EPB actuated, and then bleeding again. Haven’t bled the clutch since access from the top is quite difficult and requires air box removal (will bleed it from underneath when changing the oil in 1k miles). Maybe a placebo effect, but brakes feel a bit sharper. Happy motoring folks

Not a placebo, did the same on my 24 year old truck last year, the brakes work amazing to stop this pig now.

I used a Motive pressure bleeding tank on my '17 Civic, and it was a pleasure to use.
Last time (which was 2 or 3 years ago) I checked on motive bleeders, they didn’t have Honda dedicated setup (I might be wrong). The cool thing about speedibleed is that you hook it up to the tire, and it provides continuous pressure, so no pumping needed.

Last time (which was 2 or 3 years ago) I checked on motive bleeders, they didn’t have Honda dedicated setup (I might be wrong). The cool thing about speedibleed is that you hook it up to the tire, and it provides continuous pressure, so no pumping needed.
Used these, and it was easy to adapt...

cap.jpg
motive.jpg

I just ordered a speedi-bleed and had them make me one to use with my air compressor.

I honestly do not like the idea of using air from a tire - I have seen some VERY moist air inside of tires. That moisture will contaminate the new fluid.

I guess my comment went over your heads. :ROFLMAO:
He said.

Was the break fluid of choice coffee, soda, beer?
Hahaha, now it makes sense . The break fluid of choice was sugar free Red Bull (I don’t like RB btw, but my wife does…so, here we are)

Used these, and it was easy to adapt...

View attachment 225774View attachment 225775
Yesterday I used that adapter pictured above with my Motive and it worked quite well. Of course having to re-bleed the rear brakes and follow a specific wheel order was very time consuming while sitting on the ground. Anyway my '20 Accord's brake pedal is now a bit firmer with a better initial bite. The old fluid was was the 4 yr old factory fill replaced with Prestone DOT 3. I ran a quart of fresh fluid.

Back