BITOG has ruined my life! A Newbie Tale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been an oil and fluid change junkie since 1982 and this site has made it worse. I now proudly display my latest oil finds in my living room for several days before consigning them to the "oil stash" area in the basement. One good thing, however: I discovered that GC makes my '99 Honda run a lot more smoothly and my wife likes this (it's her car). She still thinks that we are out of control fanatics, but she now understands a bit more.

Jeepman,

Welcome and I hear ya man... I've spent A LOT more money on oil since I came here and found all of the useful information.
cheers.gif

Besides changing all of my oils in all of my engines, most to synthetic...

Everyone GET THIS :

" Last fall (before BITOG) I drained the 140 HP 4-stroke Outboard oil out like a good boy and filled it up with regulat dino for the winter. Well, through thorough research, I found the Amsoil 4-stroke Synthetic was far superior to dino in the Outboards.

Sooo, I couldn't leave the dino in for a season, so I drained out the FRESH 10-40 dino out and filled it up with new Amsoil Synthetic !!!

Now, I'm gonna do the same thing with the Lower Unit, (bought it today, LIKE A FIX...) just cannot leave in the inferior regular Lower Unit oil in my Baby !!!"
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Can you believe that...???
lol.gif

Hello, jeepman. Have you done an auto-rx cleaning yet? If not, this is also something you should considder. You'll find info at www.auto-rx.com or you can make a search here at BITOG to find some interesting results. By the way:
welcome.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back