BITOG Best Oil Filters.....

That’s the one I’m talking about.
Here’s a little more info.

Attachments

• 05557E75-27A3-4164-8770-0A1D2F570EBD.jpeg
    05557E75-27A3-4164-8770-0A1D2F570EBD.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 113
"Cage core" and less efficiency? Where you getting that?
Fram changed the construction of the Ultra filter. They appear to have removed the center cage column everyone likes. Maybe it is called something else.

Everyone says (or there was an uproar) "The wire backing column (or whatever they call it) is gone! The filter is worse! It has been cheapened!" Well.. maybe it costs them less to make, but, as per Fram, the change provides for more media, and has more "efficiency" than the old one as a result.

This was months ago, so, if you feel this inaccurate, please point out why so.

Fram changed the construction of the Ultra filter. They appear to have removed the center cage column everyone likes. Maybe it is called something else.

Everyone says (or there was an uproar) "The wire backing column (or whatever they call it) is gone! The filter is worse! It has been cheapened!" Well.. maybe it costs them less to make, but, as per Fram, the change provides for more media, and has more "efficiency" than the old one as a result.

This was months ago, so, if you feel this inaccurate, please point out why so.
Don't know what you've been reading, but if you call the wire backing a "cage core", then yeah it's gone. "Cage core removed" sounds more like the whole center tube was removed or changed - it wasn't. And according to Fram, the new media was said to be more efficient. Until someone can prove otherwise, then gonna have to believe them.

Don't know what you've been reading, but if you call the wire backing a "cage core", then yeah it's gone. "Cage core removed" sounds more like the whole center tube was removed or changed - it wasn't. And according to Fram, the new media was said to be more efficient. Until someone can prove otherwise, then gonna have to believe them.
Well, so, okay, that's exactly what I said if you go back to it.
The OG Fram Ultra, with the cage core in the middle giving it slightly less filter media and efficiency than the new ones. ;)

And.. a taped box.
View attachment 121776
"Cage core" (poorly worded) - perhaps "wire backing" - is gone.

then yeah it's gone.

And then...

And according to Fram, the new media was said to be more efficient. Until someone can prove otherwise, then gonna have to believe them.

I said this:

giving it slightly less filter media and efficiency than the new ones. ;)

Now, unless I get scolded by @OVERKILL or something, that is "Peak BITOG" right there 🤣 This thread is GOLD.

And @53' Stude seems like I should buy them all before they go up huh.

Reactions: JC1
OEM filters have worked very well for me for 56 years.

Oh, this is a "what's the best" filter thread.

Is there such a thing? Like oil?

Well, so, okay, that's exactly what I said if you go back to it.

"Cage core" (poorly worded) - perhaps "wire backing" - is gone.
Yes, poorly worded because you made it sound like the "core" (center tube) was gone or changed. Which wasn't anything to do with the center tube or "core".

Last edited:
No filtering efficiency is
Everyone wants a filter that doesn't fail. And lots of people want one that does well what a filter is suppose to do ... filter. Some people don't care about efficiency, and others really don't care what they do with their stuff, run no filter if you want, lol.

Everyone wants a filter that doesn't fail. And lots of people want one that does well what a filter is suppose to do ... filter. Some people don't care about efficiency, and others really don't care what they do with their stuff, run no filter if you want, lol.

I want The Best Filter: One that won't fail that also does the best job at filtering and protecting my engine.

The only aftermarket filters that NEVER gave me any grief were Champ Labs that were not Ecore. Some AC Delco some STP.

Various issues with everything else from torn media to leaky gaskets to stuck gaskets to leaky seams to prolapsed adbv to inadequate thread engagement to perceived poor flow in high efficiency units.

For Factory the Tokyo Roki and Toyo Roki have been excellent.

Back