BITOG Best Oil Filters.....

I haven't been as active here as I typically was years ago. But I remember when I joined, everyone here raved about Wix/Napa Gold's. Then there was a massive jump to Fram Ultra's that seemed to last forever.

Are the Fram Ultra's no longer the filter of choice for BITOG'ers? Did something change?

I'm currently running through a stash of Wix's on my Honda Accord. So I'm sticking with those because I know I'm safe there and the car is just my daily (actually my 17 year old son is driving it now)

But on my Silverado, I've been running Royal Purple filters. I want to buy the best oil filter for my truck. That's my only concern/focus. I had a guy on here recently tell me RP's are just M1 filters at a higher price. That wasn't my understanding. Is that true? Is Fram Ultra will the King here? How do people feel about the RP filters I've been using?

Thanks!!

I still prefer OEM for my Subaru and Toyota applications because at $6-$7/filter it just makes sense; however, I’d really have no concern running most aftermarkets since I don’t do extended OCIs beyond vehicle recommendations. I think the most important thing is to just change your oil on-time.

But I remember when I joined, everyone here raved about Wix/Napa Gold's.
I'm still using those, but I have a Tough Guard next in line, just for kicks.
However, I doubt any of the decent brands, one vs another, will make an engine last one mile longer.

I haven't been as active here as I typically was years ago. But I remember when I joined, everyone here raved about Wix/Napa Gold's. Then there was a massive jump to Fram Ultra's that seemed to last forever.

Are the Fram Ultra's no longer the filter of choice for BITOG'ers? Did something change?

I'm currently running through a stash of Wix's on my Honda Accord. So I'm sticking with those because I know I'm safe there and the car is just my daily (actually my 17 year old son is driving it now)

But on my Silverado, I've been running Royal Purple filters. I want to buy the best oil filter for my truck. That's my only concern/focus. I had a guy on here recently tell me RP's are just M1 filters at a higher price. That wasn't my understanding. Is that true? Is Fram Ultra will the King here? How do people feel about the RP filters I've been using?

Thanks!!
There are some youtube direct comparison vids of RP vs M1 oil filters cut open. There are differences between them but I think either would be fine, subjectively, the vids I've watched seemed like the RP and Amsoil filters were more closely related.

Super Tech blue can rated for 20,000
Super Tech white can rated for 10,000.

October 18 2022, beat that!

20221018_080608.jpg

Champ XL @ Rock Auto $4.
Fram Ultra - no more wire backing is not a deal breaker for me but , it sucks they removed it. Fram Titanium if you feel the need for wire backing.
Regular Wix , black can or Napa Gold. Although the last ones I bought were made in Mexico.

Last edited:
Champ XL @ Rock Auto $4.
Fram Ultra - no more wire backing is not a deal breaker for me but , it sucks they removed it. Fram Titanium if you feel the need for wire backing.
Regular Wix , black can or Napa Gold. Although the last ones I bought were made in Mexico.
Wix being Mann/Hummel is not the best anymore. Fram ULTRA, Baldwin, Donaldson Cahmpion XL

Best oil filter... or internet's most recommended oil filter... or what BITOG is usually about.... cheapest filter that works

Thanks!!
What’s the by-pass setting on the RP filter?

Back