Billionaire to build new titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/30/world/asia/australia-titanic/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

.....You know what the strange thing is? I was out with some people the other night, and I was discussing this with one guy, how if I had the money I would love to do it. Well, I tell you what. I'm buying tickets for a cruise on this dang thing. I hope they keep the original steam engines, for authenticity. Also, why couldn't he have Harland & Wolff build it again? Seems to me that would be better, but I guess that might cost a lot more. Still, I look forward to seeing it sail again for the first time in over a century.

Another article with more details. Unfortunately, it will be diesel powered. Oh well

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57424099/australian-billionaire-titanic-ii-to-sail-in-2016/

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see it when completed. That is...if they truly do make it to look nearly identical to the original. It will be important to keep the bow angle and the stern as close to the original as possible or it will just be another cruise ship.

Is there going to be the whole enactment of the Titanic going down? Where will they find the exact replica of the iceberg?

"A tribute to the spirit of the men and women who worked on the original titanic"

I don't remember the Chinese building the first one
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Made in China. Lovely.

Yes, it's a true shame that it's going to be built in China. I'm sure they'll do it for considerably less than Great Britain (who I'm certain could really use the work) or the U.S.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Olympic sunk, Titanic sunk, and Britannic sunk. What will sink this ship, most likely shady Chinese workmanship.

The olympic never sunk. It was scrapped at the end of it's useful life.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Olympic sunk, Titanic sunk, and Britannic sunk. What will sink this ship, most likely shady Chinese workmanship.

The olympic never sunk. It was scrapped at the end of it's useful life.

I stand corrected then. Should we call it Lucky?
lol.gif

Built in China and maiden voyage from London to NY...looks like the CHinese have developed very heavy lift aircraft.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Built in China and maiden voyage from London to NY...looks like the CHinese have developed very heavy lift aircraft.

Lol!
Im kinda..into this. Not sure if want after the part with the chinese building it, but it would be awesome to go on.
I really think he should spend his billions and build it here or in the UK. UK is probably the best idea if its supposed to be a tribute.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Originally Posted By: Shannow

Lol!
Im kinda..into this. Not sure if want after the part with the chinese building it, but it would be awesome to go on.
I really think he should spend his billions and build it here or in the UK. UK is probably the best idea if its supposed to be a tribute.

It would be nice to have Harland and Wolff build it in Belfast again.
I wonder if they bid the project and it was cost prohibitive?

If he was fair dinkum he would build it in australia.

Talking about unseating the treasurer of australia and "building australia up" then spending billions on chinese wages...

Status
Not open for further replies.