Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP!!! He was the man! I got to see him race many times mostly in the Monza versions of "Grumpy's Toy."

Farewell Grumpy. I have his book, "The Chevrolet Racing Engine" in my bookcase at work. He was one of my heroes from the age of 10 with his small-block powered Vega pro stock, and the later Monza's.

One of the greats!

I go back to seeing his Novas, and first gen Camaros race LIVE and in person at Englishtown and various other tracks in my area.

He WILL BE missed!!

RIP in quarter mile heaven, Grumpy.
frown.gif

Got a mental picture of Grumpy, Smokey, Sir Harry Ricardo, Frank Whittle, and Lord Rankine all sitting around having a chinwag.

Wow! I know this thread is going on a month old now but I just saw it and wanted to pay my respects to the greatest drag racer of all time.
Grumpy was the reason I purchased a Vega drag car and a huge inspiration to me.

RIP Bill Grumpy Jenkins

I didn't know about Bill until I saw this thread, but feel richer for the experience now after having read about his life.

My old man got to talk with him a few times and those are some of his favorite stories. Even caught him in a good enough mood to pry an autograph out of the legend once while down in Texas at a NHRA meet.

Another famous name from my misspent youth passes on. Ouch, I'm getting old faster and faster. Gone from being just an uncle to being a "great uncle"
frown.gif

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back