BG MOA Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not touching this with a 10 foot pole!

35.gif

Its a bunch of [censored] snakeoil...That motor could be built so loose and have coated bearings etc and it would run that long.Its all marketing to me.

Last edited:
Why? VOA is a bit of Molly, ton of Calcium, ton of Zinc, good TBN. What is this hate coming from? What scientifically is the problem with this additive or their claims and tests. Anyone know what is with the red tint of this product, is it closely related to transmission oil? If you guys have something to say fact based that would be nice.

Last edited:
If you use good oil why would i need it? and what purpose would it serve? I wouldnt use it in my lawnmower if they gave it to me.

It appears to be a good friction modifier beyond what that oil provided. good at neutralizing acid, and an engine running that long with no smoke is impressive. So if you can put a can of something in your oil that makes it better at fighting friction, what exactly is the problem?

The oil i use has been doing a good enough job for 200,000 in several vehicles.Go out and buy a case of it then youd be better off donating the money to charity.Keyword being "appears".

Last edited:
Tried to place a comment on the YouTube Video and I got, "Comment Pending Approval! Comments may be held for uploader approval."

If they have a great product they wouldn't need to filter youtube comments. As I think about if it was a real break thru they could have patented it and made millions selling the rights to Mobil or SOPUS or BP.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Tried to place a comment on the YouTube Video and I got, "Comment Pending Approval! Comments may be held for uploader approval."

If they have a great product they wouldn't need to filter youtube comments. As I think about if it was a real break thru they could have patented it and made millions selling the rights to Mobil or SOPUS or BP.

Feel free to post your comment here, especially if it has science behind it.

Last edited:
This stuff, along with all of BG products are for real. Not snake oil at all. Their main form of distributing their products is through dealership service departments and other repair facilities. Reputable shops stake their recommendations on BG products, and some products and services are recommended by OEMs. Hyundai had a bulletin out a few years ago to use the BG fuel induction service to keep fuel systems clean from deposits that could decrease fuel economy and set check engine lights.

The acid test proves absolutely nothing. Try doing that with used oil and you'll get the same effect. Acids are polar compounds (water is polar also), while oil is non polar. Try mixing oil and water and you'll never be able to do it. As long as there is a film of non polar oil blocking the path to your hand the acid will never touch the skin.

The BG rep did this at our shop and I kind of laughed at him. We still use some BG products, but I don't take them all as gospel and their marketing like some of their videos is comical.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: msmoke00
The acid test proves absolutely nothing. Try doing that with used oil and you'll get the same effect. Acids are polar compounds (water is polar also), while oil is non polar. Try mixing oil and water and you'll never be able to do it. As long as there is a film of non polar oil blocking the path to your hand the acid will never touch the skin.

The BG rep did this at our shop and I kind of laughed at him. We still use some BG products, but I don't take them all as gospel and their marketing like some of their videos is comical.

According to blackstone TBN is motor oil starts usually between 6 and 14, and goes down with use, especially in the beginning. A higher TBN leads to less acid in your oil. The only thing in your oil that combats acid is your additive package, just as you say oil and acid don't mix so nothing in oil itself can combat acid, right? Now if your oil's TBN which is helpful in combating acid is between 6 and 14, and you add a product that TBN is 33, then wouldn't it stand to reason your oil's TBN will go up thus helping to fight acids better then straight oil? Is there a problem with having more TBN in fighting acids in your car, especially considering TBN always go's down as you use your oil?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sammy

According to blackstone TBN is motor oil starts usually between 6 and 14, and goes down with use, especially in the beginning. A higher TBN leads to less acid in your oil. The only thing in your oil that combats acid is your additive package, just as you say oil and acid don't mix so nothing in oil itself can combat acid, right? Now if your oil's TBN which is helpful in combating acid is between 6 and 14, and you add a product that TBN is 33, then wouldn't it stand to reason your oil's TBN will go up thus helping to fight acids better then straight oil? Is there a problem with having more TBN in fighting acids in your car, especially considering TBN always go's down as you use your oil?

A strong base is just as bad as a strong acid; think alkaline batteries.

That said, adding 1qt of a TBN 33 additive to 3qt of oil with a TBN of 1 should yield something pretty [censored] close to a TBN of 18, which I wouldn't consider too high. I'd add the stuff to a cold engine, to reduce the likelihood that the strong base content would react with my the metal in the engine, and run the engine immediately after adding the stuff to get it mixed into the oil, for the same reason.

Originally Posted By: sammy

It's not that TBN and neutralizing acids are bad things, it's the fact that the reps try to "prove" it because the acid didn't harm his hand. The product's premise is solid, it's just whether acid can get to your hand or not isn't reasonable to prove the premise behind the product. I asked the rep what additives it used and he had no clue...I guess I expect logical salespeople that know their products.

Hah that's funny the guy didn't even know what we know here, that MOA basically contains a concentrated additive package.

I am really curious about two things, one the Molly seams low for a "friction" "Modifier" additive. Now, am I wrong about that or is 164 PPM not a lot of Molly? I find this odd because Molly is a proven friction modifier and they tout their stuff as being beneficial against friction, and yet other then Calcium, Phosphorus and Zinc there seams to be no other added "modifiers" that I can see.

Secondly, still trying to figure out the red color.

My sense is that a place for this product would really be added at 1/2 of your oil's life to boost the additives. I'm not sure it would be a substantial gain at time of oil change, but then again I'm also not convinced. I would like more info on why this product added to oil gives it better anti-cease properties as shown in the bearing tests.

Something that might be telling to me is if their "synthetic" oil is really synthetic or is it group 3? Because I see they now sell synthetic oil. If they cut corners on their synthetic oil I wouldn't want anything to do with their additives. Any one have any info on BG synthetics?

Last edited:
Well I looked up their MSDS (here) on their oil and MOA. Interesting part was Composition/information on ingredients in their oils showed 10% petroleum but nothing in the MOA. So my guess is that MOA is some type of synthetic base. Maybe those bearing tests all over the net is regular oil and adding the MOA is adding a fully synthetic that would give you better metal wear. Of course for all of us that run synthetic oil, I still need some convincing to use this stuff at the time of oil change. I really wonder if adding this stuff to a group 5 oil will give better metal wear. If you look at group 5 Redline it is around 10 bucks a quart give or take, and this stuff is a little more just for a pint. I'm talking myself out of it as we go:(

What does anyone make of their flashpoint versus flashpoint of their oil? MOA has a much lower flash point. Some type of solvent in there? Flash point looks in line with transmission fluid, or even lower.

bg oil 228C bg MOA 168C versus redline oils flashpoint of 252C

Last edited:
No one is mentioning the kickback that the dealer gets for selling this product on unsuspecting customers in for just an oil change and oh, by the way, we added BG to your oil for another $15. they don't tell you up front that they are doing it, just see it on your invoice,. Sleazy tactics by the dealers and BG IMO. Give me a break, how much kickback does BG give the dealer on each bottle sold?

Why wouldn't they make a profit, nobody works on cars for free? The VOA of this stuff looks pretty good to me. Maybe not a miracle in a bottle, but it looks like a concentrated additive package. Sometimes there is a tendency here to get all negative on additives, but there is nothing in this one that calls for concern. Not 100% sure if it was Redline Oil or BG MOA but my Hemi tick is gone, and it sounded narly on stealership oil. First i ran some Lubro Moly MSo2 and that did nothing to help the tick. Changed oil with redline and put in a can of this and so far zero Hemi tick at about 2000k miles. My Hemi had low miles and previously I went to dealership because of free oil changes and then coupons- literally changed it every 2k miles because it was 6mos and that is what the owners manual said to do, now I pay 3 times as much and do it myself. But my Engine is definitely liking the high end oil. Dodge forces 5w20 on us and if you use a poor quality oil like I was it might ruin your vehicle. Maybe that is the plan in the first place, that way they can sell you another car. Dealerships don't want you putting 300k miles on your cars. Going to send oil to lab periodically to preserve my warranty, it is better to run this stuff then chnage the oil every week with whatever they are using at Dodge. Going to order some more BG when I get around to it. Clearly it isn't snake oil, maybe it doesn't get a lot of respect here for whatever reason, but with the vehicle MDS system on the Hemi you need 5w20, so I need all the protection and anti friction additives I can get.

Pretty impressive VOA for an additive if you ask me.

voa bg moa thread

Originally Posted By: Ankur_Gupta
Hi Guys,

I recently got the VOA of BG MOA oil additive done by 2 different labs. Here is the data.

Lab1 Lab2
Iron 3 4
Chromium < 1 0
Nickel < 1 0
Aluminium 3 1
Lead < 1 0
Copper < 1 0
Tin < 1 0
Silver < 1 0
Titanium < 1 0
Silicon 13 7
Boron 4 4